We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hnr day 1

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
761 posts
75 reviews
hnr day 1

Up at 4am to be at Airport for 7.30am Jet Star flight from Perth.

All good plane left on time arrived Bali 11.10am.

Quite large immigration lines luckily no one in over 60’s , Infirm or with your children line so straight through.

This line is on the Left side you can see the Infirmed sign quite easily but the over 60 and with young children is quite hard to read.

All good so far, arrivals sign says Jet Star Perth and Singapore Airlines carousel 4.Ok off to Carousel 4, after 20 min only bags coming off still Singapore Airlines. I go and check sign again still saying Jet Star carousel 4. 10 min later still no bags and sign still saying 4. 15 min later still no bags, still saying 4.

Daughter takes grandson to toilet, on the way back passes another carousel and notices lots of bags going around and no body picking up, has closer look and notices Jet Star labels.

Sign still saying carousel 4.

Welcome to Bali😄.

1 hour later out of arrivals our Marlin Fast Boat driver is waiting with sign, out of Airport and off to Sanur for 1 pm Fast Boat to Lembongan, Arrive at 1pm thinking that we would miss the 1 pm boat, which would have been ok as we had not changed any money or had a meal since 6.30 at Airport.

Boat was just loading so luggage was loaded we were loaded and off to Lembongan.

Trip across was easy no problem with swell. All is back to normal after cancellations last week fo being to rough.

Off boat and transferred to Tarci Bungalows right on beach front.

As there is no road to beach get dropped off on main road and walk down gang about 200m to beach turn right and Tarci is 50 m along the sand.

Arrive at Tacki at about 2pm a bit Hot and botherd looking for a swim and a bit of aircon to find a Staff meeting and told sit here in reception we will be about 10 min after about 15 min still having Staff meeting “Not Happy Jan” After some prompting 😀 we are shown to our rooms.

We are in their Queen Rooms these are very good even better than Website shows.

After a freshen up and some lunch just down the beach and couple of Bintangs, all is forgiven, well not quite. Did explain to the Manager Ace at dinner that in hospitality the customer always comes 1st, and even if they are having a Staff meeting someone should have attended to us instead of please wait we will attend to you when we are finished. He said he was not at meeting and apologised and agreed.

Hopefully lesson learned😀

After watching the sunset on bean bag on the beach, and Grilled Mahi Mahi and Bubu Ingen for dinner time for Bed.

Cheers

18 replies to this topic
PERTH
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: hnr day 1

Sounds like a normal trip to Bali. Have fun, and enjoy. Keep up the reports.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
761 posts
75 reviews
2. Re: hnr day 1

Sing Ken Ken

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
239 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: hnr day 1

Oooh we’re in that same flight from Perth on Sunday with our kids! Can’t wait, I’m going to keep my eyes peeled for this special immigration line.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
836 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: hnr day 1

Very informative post Tim. Thanks for sharing!

Cardiff CA
Level Contributor
153 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: hnr day 1

Ill be staying at Tarci's in January so love to hear about your experience at the hotel and on the island. Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
761 posts
75 reviews
6. Re: hnr day 1

Mezperth, for this line you need to be over 60, have very small children or be infermed I.e. wheelchair

Knox5bythesea except for the small hick up Tarci is great.

Staff good, location good, food good.

Be aware standard from have no hot water.

Cheers

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
70 reviews
7. Re: hnr day 1

mezperth, the line is on the far left as you line up for Immigration. Very handy with me I know that. Its the bag wait that kills it.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
39 reviews
8. Re: hnr day 1

Arrived on the Garuda flight from Perth that landed 5 mins before you.

Immigration is all a matter of timing as we must have got in the queue before you: only 10 mins wait.

However, we also got stuck at baggage pick up, waited at least 45 mins for luggage.

Also, had a quick look at the new duty free store, its immediately after immigration.

Bottle of Johnnie Walker 700ml, 400k. This is expensive so glad I purchased in Perth.

Finally in Sanur 1pm: catching up with friends, Hardys for villa supplies (they have improved over recent times, but still not as good nor cheap as old management.

Finished off with best $5 massage at Carla's.

Just returned from a beach swim this afternoon, high tide 2 metres, the only times to swim at Sanur.

Sanur is busy but not as much as I thought, in fact I would say last July/Aug was busier.

Sunny, and warm to hot around the pool now.

Edited: 02 August 2018, 12:20
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
142 reviews
9. Re: hnr day 1

Ahhh sounds like bliss! As for airport I’m going to do carry on only next time as the wait is too long!

Enjoy 😊

Narangba, Australia
Level Contributor
875 posts
57 reviews
10. Re: hnr day 1

Glad the bintangs helped get over the issues with airport and check in. Only 37 more sleeps for me!😊

Reply to: hnr day 1
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted