We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Candidasa and surroundings

Palmerston North...
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Candidasa and surroundings

My husband and i are traveling to candidasa and would like any recommendations in regards to shopping!!!!!, day trips and activities. So far we have done the water palace and water gardens. We're here for 10 days.

Is a day trip to ubud worth it? If so where would our time be best spent etc

We are happy to travel a couple hours to get to recommended places.

Also prices for traveling to recommended destinations would be muchly appreciated!

Places to eat we are all sorted.

7 replies to this topic
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Candidasa and surroundings

Have not been for a couple of years, but no shopping to speak of. A day trip to Ubud is certainly worth it and the shopping is much better.

australia
Level Contributor
441 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Candidasa and surroundings

Hi Jess, We love Ubud central, surrounding villages and wider area,however I would strongly recommend arriving very early to the central area, perhaps plan to have breakfast in one of the fantastic cafes before the shops open. Day tripper traffic into Ubud is awful. Another idea would be to organise a driver and have him drop you at either the top of Jl Kajeng and wander around the rice fields and then breaky or alternatively the top of Jl Campuhan ridge walk and wander down into town for breky. There are many boutiques in the central area and of course the market for a bit of 'crazy'. PM me if you would like more tips.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
22,829 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Candidasa and surroundings

We often stay in Candidasa and also like to go through to Ubud, sometimes just for a day trip. We also enjoy the drive through to Amed via the inland road and then returning along the coast. Both very scenic.

On the way, you could visit Bali Asli restaurant and enjoy either morning/afternoon tea or lunch. It is set high over one of the loveliest agricultural valleys, with views to Mount Agung.

http://www.baliasli.com.au/

The are also a number of walks you can do in and around Candidasa, if that is of interest to you -

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Re…

We also enjoy going for a sail or motor in a jukung. It's a great trip either down to blue lagoon (Padang Bai) or up to the white sand beach. You can get the name of a boatman through your recption, or I or others can give you contact details of our boatman.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
729 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Candidasa and surroundings

Hi Sue! I'd love to have the contact details of your boatman in Candidasa if you don't mind sharing here? Thanks.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
22,829 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Candidasa and surroundings

Hello ShugrGrl55. Our boatman is named Made and his contact number is - +62 85935 132721.

If you want to go snorkeling offshore, do ask Made to bring his boat ladder. It makes it a lot easier to get back in, if you are out in deep water.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
729 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Candidasa and surroundings

Wonderful. Thanks Sue!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
948 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Candidasa and surroundings

The Tenganan Aga Village is a traditional village near Candidasa worth visiting. It's so neat and tidy and well laid out compared to some other Bali villages I have been to.

Reply to: Candidasa and surroundings
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted