We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help: Suggestions about 9 days in Bali

Portland, Oregon
8 posts
Save Topic
Help: Suggestions about 9 days in Bali

****I’m reposting this due to the title change****

Hi,

My wife and I will be celebrating our one year wedding anniversary in Bali and can’t finalize on where to stay. We will be staying for 9 nights. We’ve already booked two places to stay. We will be in Ubud for 3 nights in this beautiful Airbnb. The next three nights is up in the air. We are considering going to East Bali (Amed or Candidasa). Not super sure if it’s worth it. What are your thoughts? The other stay we have already made accommodations is in Uluwatu for 3 nights at a lovely resort before heading back to the US. Now during our stay a must will be visiting Nusa Penida but we aren’t sure if we should either:

1) Drop staying in East Bali to fully explore Nusa Penida in two days and add a night in Uluwatu

2) Wake up super early and do a day trip in-between our accommodations in East Bali and Uluwatu.

3) Stay in East Bali for only 2 nights. Extend our stay in Uluwatu to 4 nights and have a day dedicated for exploring Nusa Penida.

What are your thoughts and suggestions?

14 replies to this topic
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
8,900 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help: Suggestions about 9 days in Bali

It's impossible to answer as we have no idea of what you want to do and see in each of these areas. That is really what will decide where and how long for each. As we are all different, the advice you'd get would have to be based on our own likes, as we know nothing about you, or your likes or dislikes.

As an example, I'd never stay just 3 nights in in Ubud. We just booked our 21st stay there and only for 6 days, something I'm already regretting and wish we had longer. However, as we've had 28 days there since last November, it will have to do.

Portland, Oregon
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help: Suggestions about 9 days in Bali

Thanks for the reply,

I’ve read from many online postings just like what you’ve stated that no matter how long you spend in Bali, you’ll never get tired of it.

The overall plan during our stay is to relax, indulge in the culture, and go on scenic adventures.

Ubud (3 days): We will be staying near a working rice field. we plan on going to the monkey sanctuary, try a ton of the different Bali foods, travel to different rice fields, trek Mt. Batur for the sunrise, take cooking classes, and watch the sunrise at Temple Of Lempuyang Luhur.

East Bali (3 days): We will be mostly relaxing. Enjoy the sunset and sunrise, Take a snorkeling trip, Go to Pantai Jemeluk. Take a day trip to Nusa Penida. We are thinking about staying in Manggis since there is a ferry ride to Nusa Penida.

Nusa Penida (day trip): most likely will take a day trip there. We will probably head over to Kelingking beach and Atuh Beach. If we have time we would like to snorkel with the manta rays.

Uluwatu (3 days): take a day trip to Seminyak, take surfing lessons, shop, eat, indulge in the resort amenities. Relax before our long flight back to the US.

This is our current plan. What do you think?

Thanks!

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,900 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help: Suggestions about 9 days in Bali

Pura Lempuyang is in east Bali, so best to visit while you are in that area, rather than make the 2 hour each way drive from Ubud.

I've not heard of a ferry from Manggis to NP, I thought it went from Padangbai....but it's very slow.

Portland, Oregon
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help: Suggestions about 9 days in Bali

Correction, I meant to say Padangbai.

When you say slow, how slow are you talking about? 45 minutes - 1 hour

Would you happen to know if there’s a faster way to get to NP from Padangbai?

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,900 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help: Suggestions about 9 days in Bali

Re the ferry, here's a thread with recent posts

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

and directly below your thread

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g25…

Edited: 02 August 2018, 11:53
6. Re: Help: Suggestions about 9 days in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2018, 16:23

Portland, Oregon
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help: Suggestions about 9 days in Bali

Thanks for helping me out. Much appreciated.

Seattle, Washington
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help: Suggestions about 9 days in Bali

You should consider a couple of days in Nusa Lembongam and visiting Nusa Penida from there. I'll be going to Bali in about a month for the first time for about 9 days as well (as a honeymoon and 1 year anniversary trip, as we never got a honeymoon right after the wedding). Take a look at our itinerary here:

https:/…93351483

The only thing that has changed for the most part is our accommodation at Nusa Lembongam. We'll be staying at Batu Karang instead of Ombak Bay.

Feel free to reach out with questions after I come back (mid-September), as I can give you more specific feedback! Good Luck!

Portland, Oregon
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help: Suggestions about 9 days in Bali

Thanks for the suggestion. I am now considering skip staying in East Bali and heading out to Nusa Lembongan, as thats such a great idea and the views in Nusa Lembongan are amazing. I think now we will most likely have to figure out a way to squeeze in visiting temple Pura Lempuyang Luhur while still being able to do the other activities in Ubud. Do you think there will be a large crowd in temple Pura Lempuyang Luhur during sunset on a weekday?

Also our anniversary will fall on the second day we are in Nusa Lembongan. Does anyone have any suggestions on romantic dinners in Nusa Lembongan? We haven’t picked out a hotel just yet for Nusa Lembongan that is great and are looking into different hotel options. Any suggestions for romantic hotels close to all the activities and top beaches?

Thanks again for the feedback

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,900 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help: Suggestions about 9 days in Bali

Re Pura Lempuyang - if you are at the top at sunset, do ensure that you have a very good torch as it will take hours to get down. As for crowds, it depends if there is a ceremony at the temple when you visit. If so, yes, could potentially be thousands of people. No ceremony could equal a few or non.

And do allow for travel time back to your hotel at night which will be slow at the beginning as the road is so very bad.

Reply to: Help: Suggestions about 9 days in Bali
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted