We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the best place to book trips for in Bali?

1 post
Save Topic
Where is the best place to book trips for in Bali?

Hi,

I'm going to Bali next year in June and I was wondering where is the most legit and cheapest place to book trips for when I am there? Also what are the must places to see and visit?

4 replies to this topic
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
8,937 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the best place to book trips for in Bali?

Please do some research and read this forum. Legit/cheapest place to book trips depends on the "trips". Tour booths, or using private drivers are best.

Must do places to see and visit. Which area? How long are you there? Wherever there might be. Once again, please take time to do your own research, based on your likes, not on mine. Surely, when you decided to go to Bali, you had some idea of why you wanted to go there.

The pinned posts, travel guides and things to do information on this forum is a good starting point.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the best place to book trips for in Bali?

Every tour booth will book any trip you want and generally the prices are the same. the best option is get the price for a particular tour you want to do at one booth then compare the price at a couple of others

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,229 posts
834 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is the best place to book trips for in Bali?

You can go to any travel or tour agent in Bali and they will all willingly accept you for daily tours. The rate is usually charged per person and often quoted in US Dollars and you will join a tour with many other people. Years and years ago the typical price charged was around US$50 per person but I have no idea what is charged these days.

The way that most people do it is to research about Bali and decide which places they would like to visit, then hire a vehicle with driver for the day and pay a lot less.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
14,693 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is the best place to book trips for in Bali?

Hi Alise,

firstly it would be nice to know where you are form. Easiest is to update your profile. Will help especially when it comes to things like currency, expense, booking, insurance, flights .. and sometimes "tour booking" when people have booked holidays through travel agencies.

Also need to know your EXACT overall Bali itinerary. Need to know where you are staying and also need to know what activities you are interested in.

Depending on exactly where you are staying can affect what you can and can not easily do and even affect price.

2 things - Private Drivers and Activity bookings.

PRIVATE DRIVER

You can hire a private Driver for IDR600k ~ $45 for the day (9am to 6/7pm ish). That is for the whole van privately to yourself NOT per Person and NOT shared with some strangers. You can set your own daily itinerary if you wish. Stop where you want, when you want, eat where and when you want. No fixed "time" itinerary.

Drivers often have itinerary suggestions.

People also use private Drivers for Transfers between destinations.

Avoid like the plague Online Booking/tour agencies with Gimmicks like "lunch and entrance fees included" - Tourist Scam - I've seen These People charging $49 PER PERSON!!!!

Avoid anybody playing the 'minimum 2 PAX" - TOURIST SCAM.

Avoid group tours - Often same price as having the whole van to yourself.

Avoid tour agency addon bookings or hotel organized bookings.

These organised tours are very fixed itinerary (timewise) and they take you to places they get commission.

You also do NOT need guides for nearly all sights so don't need to pay these inflated fees.

ACTIVITIES

Lots of outdoorsy stuff around like Whitewater rafting, Mt Batur Sunrise trek, downhill MTB and cycling tours, ATV Quad bike tours to Name a few.

Book These locally. Plenty of Tourist booths around where you can peruse what they have to offer. Most activities will include free pickup/dropoff from your Hotel. Can haggle on Price if you wish.

e.g. Whitewater Rafting takes place on the Ayung and Telaga Waja rivers near Ubud. Ayung shorter trip (8km) recommended for families. Telaga Waja Whiter and longer (12-18km depending on company). Both trips often advertised on line for $55-60.

My daughters friend was just on an organised Bali tour and the 'tour agency' offered WWR as an extra for $80!!!!!

Can easily get either for IDR400k/$30 or less

Mt Batur sunrise trek often advertised online for $60 and always quoting 'minimum 2 PAX'

Got to a tourist booth and get it for IDR400k/$30 or less and also can book as a solo traveler.

Avoid booking online or "Combo tours".

If you book too far in advance you'll be fixed on those days and when you come to it maybe you wished you hadn't. Easy to book things locally just the day before.

Reply to: Where is the best place to book trips for in Bali?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted