We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanur to Rock Bar

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
183 posts
31 reviews
Sanur to Rock Bar

Hi All,

So we want to travel from the Fairmont Hotel to the Rock Bar for drinks and dinner in September. On average, how much would that cost? Should we get a driver and pay for a half day tour or just get a taxi?

Thanks!

13 replies to this topic
Southern...
Level Contributor
6,557 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Sanur to Rock Bar

Just get a taxi. Cost will depend on traffic, but 120000 to 150000 Rp

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
183 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Sanur to Rock Bar

Thanks nairobiGoldCoast!! I wanted to do both the sunset drinks and dinner at the Rock Bar so i didn't think having a driver wait on us would be the best idea. Just wanted to hear about other people's experiences.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,448 posts
179 reviews
3. Re: Sanur to Rock Bar

It will be easy to get another taxi back to your hotel when you’ve finished dinner. If there are none about, just ask in the restaurant and they will call one for you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
183 posts
31 reviews
4. Re: Sanur to Rock Bar

Great, thanks for confirming! Question... are the taxi's per person or per car? It will be just two of us... so should I expect to pay roughly 300k roundtrip in total for the car or 600k roundtrip in total based on double occupancy?

Perth
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Sanur to Rock Bar

Grab taxi app (per car) says 94k.

Edited: 02 August 2018, 20:05
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
183 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: Sanur to Rock Bar

Guess I need to download Grab defore we arrive! Is grab similar to Uber? Do i pay with credit card? Ive heard people mention Grab in the forum but I thought they aren't allowed to go most places. If this works for Rock Bar then thats perfect!

Perth
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
39 reviews
7. Re: Sanur to Rock Bar

Indonesia's version of Uber.

Don't set pick up point in places such as hotel lobby, meet outside instead.

Other taxi drivers not happy about being undercut by half or more.

Pay by card or cash.

You can download the app but may mot work until you're in Asia, for some reason?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
183 posts
31 reviews
8. Re: Sanur to Rock Bar

Hi BaliRunner, thanks for the info. I'll download it and configure it when i get to Bali if it doesnt work. The Grab price definitely sounds better. 200k is better than 300k/600k.

Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
828 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Sanur to Rock Bar

You'll need to get a registered sim card first,

I couldnt get it to work on my phone using wifi.

After that was no problem, its mainly used by locals so you'll need to tell them you only speak English when they respond in the local language.

I'd used it 3 times pretty easily. I over tipped every time, was quite embarrassed by the costs.

sydney
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
15 reviews
10. Re: Sanur to Rock Bar

Hi I tried the uber from my australia phone roaming.

got connected 2 for jobs however once i accepted they wanted to bargain the price again. Didnt work for me.

Reply to: Sanur to Rock Bar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted