We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 spare nights in Bali

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
28 reviews
3 spare nights in Bali

Following the recent earthquake in Lombok, we have cancelled our 3 night stay there so now have 3 nights to plan for before we fly from Bali to Singapore.

We are already staying in Seminyak, Ubud, Uluwatu & then Gili T.

Where must we see that we aren’t already? I was thinking one night in Gili Meno & then two in Nusa Dua.

8 replies to this topic
Sydney
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: 3 spare nights in Bali

Nah, give Nusa Dua a miss. Pretty but just big souless hotels and not much else. You could try Sanur after the Gilis. It does depend on what you like - it's pretty quiet but a nice beachfront.

Mortdale, Australia
Level Contributor
2,560 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: 3 spare nights in Bali

Im a second for Sanur over Nusa Dua

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,782 posts
130 reviews
3. Re: 3 spare nights in Bali

Yeah Sanur or Lembongan.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
56 reviews
4. Re: 3 spare nights in Bali

I reckon you would be pretty disappointed with Nusa Dua after all those good spots. Another vote for Sanur from me.

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: 3 spare nights in Bali

Thanks for the replies guys, I agree we're not flying across the world to visit a Westernised hotel complex! Sanur sounds great, but is 3 nights there too much? It seems a bit of a pain going from Gili T to Gili Meno for a night and then back to bali after that with our luggage, so we may just do 3 nights in one hotel.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
15,317 posts
95 reviews
6. Re: 3 spare nights in Bali

Hi Kieran,

How did you intend to get back from Meno.

Much depends on what you have had already done on Bali mainland. Doesn't make sense to go to Meno for one night and not sure how you intended getting back to Bali (limited boat services stop at Meno).

Whilst in Sanur you could go and do a bit of sightseeing like Beji Guwang 'Hidden Canyon" perhaps go up to Tegenungan waterfall, Tukad Cepung, Taman Kertha Gosa and Goa Lawah.

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
28 reviews
7. Re: 3 spare nights in Bali

The four nights before this spare 3 nights we are in Gili T, so we thought it would be easy to jump over to meno for a night then back to gili t the next morning to catch a boat back to Bali. But thinking that through it is quite a lot of effort so we will probably go straight back to Bali from Gili T

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
118 posts
29 reviews
8. Re: 3 spare nights in Bali

Try Sideman. It is probably a shorter distance than Ubud to get back to the airport.

Reply to: 3 spare nights in Bali
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted