We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea conditions November

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
734 posts
180 reviews
Sea conditions November

Hi we may have chance to go to bali in november and would love to go to flores and get a boat to see the komodo dragons. Is the sea rough then or would it be ok? Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,622 posts
130 reviews
1. Re: Sea conditions November

No-one can predict seas or weather on any particular day sorry. It really is an impossible question. I can't add anymore to that I'm sorry.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
15,113 posts
89 reviews
2. Re: Sea conditions November

As Greg said unpredictable.

November is start of the rainy season and is generally when the seastate becomes unpredictable. During the dry season (so UK summer time like now) the seastate around Bali is generally very calm - however unusually recently the seastate has been bad and no services running for a number of days form Bali to Gilis and even the shorter journey to Lembongan has been disrupted.

Flores is a long way away with a different sea so unable to compare.

However if going to Flores then get a day trip to Rinca rather than Komodo. It is closer to Labuan Bajo, closer to the Flores mainland (so maybe if issues with seastate can stay closer to land) and more likely to see the Komodo Dragons. Often get combined land /snorkeling tours.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
734 posts
180 reviews
3. Re: Sea conditions November

Hi, thanks for your help I realise it's hard to predict day to day sea conditions it was just a general feel, I figured it was start of rainy season but was kind of hoping the sea may not be too bad at the start! Thanks for the tip re Rinca, we'd fly to Labuan Bajo from Bali then do a day boat trip, or possibly a bit longer trip. We do like to go away in our winter but maybe we'll have to schedule in for September sometime to make the most of it. Thanks again helpful folk.

Reply to: Sea conditions November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted