We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Overstay by 1 day

Oulu
Level Contributor
34 posts
32 reviews
Visa Overstay by 1 day

There were only old threads about this topic, so I'm asking again. I counted the days wrong when I booked our flights and we are staying 31 days instead of 30. I know it's a 300 000rp fine for overstaying one day, but what I'm more interested is that is it going to be a huge hassle at the airport? So far I have planned applying a 60d visa, but the overstay fine would be about half the price. TIA for your thoughts :)

43 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
1 post
1 review
21. Re: Visa Overstay by 1 day

How did you go with paying the fines?

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
37 reviews
22. Re: Visa Overstay by 1 day

Apparently if you slap the Immigration Officer you get to stay for longer.

Goodness me, what was that woman thinking?

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
9,286 posts
60 reviews
23. Re: Visa Overstay by 1 day

Cempaka, the Immigration Officer deserves a medal for keeping his cool. I can't believe an apparently "educated" person can overstay for so many months and then get so aggressive when told the consequences. I hope she has a stay in hotel K for her actions.

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
24. Re: Visa Overstay by 1 day

We leave tomorrow so I’ll let you know!

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,717 posts
206 reviews
25. Re: Visa Overstay by 1 day

Hi,

Just heard today that the immigration officer dealing with this woman has been recommended a promotion by his superior for handling the situation professionally.

Cheers

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
42 reviews
26. Re: Visa Overstay by 1 day

And so he should - no-one should have to deal with being slapped in the course of their job. Good on him for keeping his cool, I'm not sure I would have been able to do the same.

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
27. Re: Visa Overstay by 1 day

Just an update on our 5-day overstay. The immigration officers were really nice when we explained the situation but told us we’d have to pay the fine. We got referred to the office beside immigration and were charged 300,000 Rp per person per day. We had to pay cash. The process took about 10 minutes. So an expensive lesson but my biggest worry was any kind of charge or inability to return and that was unfounded. Yay! Next time I’ll make sure we get a visa!

1 post
28. Re: Visa Overstay by 1 day

Thanks for rhe info.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
57 posts
72 reviews
29. Re: Visa Overstay by 1 day

so if I arrive the the 2/12/18 and I leave the 3/01/19 is it one day overstaying or two? :)

I land at 21:15 so I could wait midnight before to get the stamp....( but what will happen to my bag? :D)

Mermaid Beach...
Level Contributor
558 posts
10 reviews
30. Re: Visa Overstay by 1 day

You will be 3 days overstay on those dates.

Reply to: Visa Overstay by 1 day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted