We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

super quick visa q

London, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
super quick visa q

Am I correct in thinking that me and my partner can get a tourist visa on arrival in indonesia? We are from the UK, will be arriving in Bali on the 16th november, and staying for about 5 weeks until the 23rd december?

Or do we need to apply beforehand?

3 replies to this topic
lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,669 posts
206 reviews
1. Re: super quick visa q

Hi,

You can buy a visa when you arrive - $35 and then extend it which will cost around 650,000 IDR if you use an agent to do it for you, you will still need one visit to the immigration office in Nusa Dua.

It's cheaper though if you get a tourist visa in the UK before you go and you are likely to have fewer problems with the airline when you board your flight - POOT and all that.

Cheers

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,347 posts
839 reviews
2. Re: super quick visa q

Exactly as mentioned above, either get a 60 days visa at the Indonesian Embassy before departing the UK, or else pay the US$35 VOA for a 30 days visa that can be extended another 30 days.

London, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
3. Re: super quick visa q

Thank you both. We have an appointment next week at the Indonesian Embassy and will also send off our thai visa's application by post x

Reply to: super quick visa q
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted