We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many free passport pages must you have to enter Indo?

Bangkok, Thailand
5 posts
How many free passport pages must you have to enter Indo?

Hi there!

Quick question. If I person were to have only *one free/open passport page* left in their passport on arriving at an airport in Indonesia (say, Jakarta), would that be enough to be allowed *in* the country?

The person in question plans to renew their passport at a North American embassy upon arrival, so they are wondering if they can enter with only one free passport page open, get an extendable visa, and then go directly to the embassy for renewal.

How does this sound? Thanks in advance.

2 replies to this topic
lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,675 posts
206 reviews
1. Re: How many free passport pages must you have to enter Indo?

Hi,

Sounds a bit risky, officially you need two free pages to enter most countries where you need a visa or visa waiver. You could get away with less but it depends on the immigration officer who deals with your passport.

The bought VOA is a small half page sticker so in theory there is enough space.

Cheers.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 posts
2. Re: How many free passport pages must you have to enter Indo?

That's what I'm thinking too. In my Google search, I see conflicting information, some things saying 2 pages are required and some saying only 1 page is required. And as you mentioned, the VOA is half a page and definitely enough "space" for one more visa...

Reply to: How many free passport pages must you have to enter Indo?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted