We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to go about staying in Indonesia for two months (U.S.)?

4 posts
How to go about staying in Indonesia for two months (U.S.)?

Was planning to visit Indonesia in September and was planning to backpack through Indonesia (Borneo, Komodo, and some other areas) and Malaysia for two months and wanted to know how I'd be able to go about spending more than one month there? Do I need to apply for another Visa? Would I be able to go to Malaysia once the one month ends and then come back (if I still want to spend more time there)?

3 replies to this topic
Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta Region
Level Contributor
12,427 posts
129 reviews
1. Re: How to go about staying in Indonesia for two months (U.S.)?

You can apply for a 2 month tourist visa at the Indonesian embassy that covers your area of the US. (the embassies are split into districts) . If you come in with a visa and then leave to go to Malaysia, any visa you have will be expired. When you enter again, you would need another visa or for tourism purposes for less than 30 days you can use the visa free entry.

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
868 reviews
2. Re: How to go about staying in Indonesia for two months (U.S.)?

As MangoMunky has said, apply for a 2 months tourist visa while you are in the US, or, get a free 30 day VOA when you arrive in Indonesia, then go explore Malaysia, and then come back and get another 30 day VOA in Indonesia. A third option is to get the $35 paid VOA when you arrive in Indonesia and extend it for another 30 days.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
3. Re: How to go about staying in Indonesia for two months (U.S.)?

Apply for 60 days tourist visa in advance from the country of your residence with full package of required documents through RI Embassy.

Reply to: How to go about staying in Indonesia for two months (U.S.)?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted