We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Locals been there since birth...

Lhasa, China
Level Contributor
29 posts
15 reviews
Locals been there since birth...

Where ever you go it is so important to use local people to preserve local culture and also locals been there since birth so they know the place from the beginning . If you go to Chengdu must use some one from Sichuan to taste the real sichuan food so same here. Please help locals to preserve local culture....

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
46,122 posts
842 reviews
1. Re: Locals been there since birth...

I wish the Tibet tour guides stopped treating TA like their personal blog. Please just answer questions.

Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
2,674 posts
54 reviews
2. Re: Locals been there since birth...

@JPD - I don't think that I would ever select a guide who could not understand the rules and ethos of TA.

3. Re: Locals been there since birth...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 June 2015, 12:19
Lhasa, China
Level Contributor
52 posts
4. Re: Locals been there since birth...

I really appreciated Jean and Mike and this is exactly right. We can not divert anybody for self-promotional sites and we only wish to share spirit and answer questions and help more and more people get well informed. Thanks again, and only in this way people can grow and learn and not fight with each other and then the whole world will become peaceful and harmoniously.

5. Re: Locals been there since birth...

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 June 2015, 12:19
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
46,122 posts
842 reviews
6. Re: Locals been there since birth...

I understand that business must be slow these days in Tibet but the locals have to stop starting new threads to give unsolicited information for the sole purpose of increasing their profile here.

Tonyctrip started this now everybody feels that they will be disadvantaged if they don't do the same.

This is a general problem that I will be reporting to TA.

Edited: 07 May 2015, 10:27
7. Re: Locals been there since birth...

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2016, 10:45