We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight advice?

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
122 posts
5 reviews
Flight advice?

Trying to book round trip from Chengdu in June but have had some issues. We have our Tibet tour booked. I found fairly affordable flights through edreams.net,but after booking they came back and said they had problems with the operating airline’s server and couldn't confirm our flight. I guess we're going to try again, but I assume this may happen again. When I try to book a flight through a site through ctrip or elong.net they tell us before booking that foreigners have to book directly through the airlines website. Trying to search for the same flight on sichuan airlines website and Lhasa isnt even on here! Has anyone booked any flights to tibet? Any tips?

Holland
Level Contributor
604 posts
1 review
1. Re: Flight advice?

As far as I know foreign travellers can not book a flight to Lhasa themselves because of the Tibet permit issue (foreign tourist need a Tibet permit to be able to travel to an in Tibet). I always let my contact in Tibet to book my flights to Lhasa and back to Chengdu. I advise you to ask your agency to book your flights.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
122 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Flight advice?

ahh that would explain it. Ill contact our tour operator thanks

Lhasa, Xizang, China
Level Contributor
779 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Flight advice?

To igneousc, frankly speaking to book flights to Tibet for foreigners, even though it says foreign travelers should have permits in advance, but actually they can make it approved, just neglect the restriction and go ahead to pay by credit card, once payment is done, the airline or air ticketing such as Ctrip.com or elong.com can fix your flights very, this is 100% sure. Personally I arranged so many flights to and from Lhasa every year, however still there are many of our travelers can fix their flights to and from Lhasa. On the other hand if the airfare is more or less the same as provided by your agent, then agent can help you book without any hassles and this may save you sometime. So to summarize, for unbiased air ticketing for Tibet, travel agents and the travelers themselves can book the air tickets, just neglect the online booking restriction notice and pay in advance, then air ticketing done! Hope it is helpful for many travelers.

4. Re: Flight advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2016, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Tibet