We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Tibet in Winter of 2014

Hong Kong, China
3 posts
Save Topic
Tour Tibet in Winter of 2014

I would like to post a review for my great vacation in Tibet of this winter .I have a short holidays break in this winter ,at first ,my tour destination is not Tibet since some friends told me It's very cold there .But to visit Tibet is my long time dream ,after some researching for around one month ,i still determined to go !!I traveled with my friend ,after comparing some local agency.We finally choose Tibettravel.com that they gave us a good price than others. Janet was our trip's advisor ,she was very helpful and always gave us a prompt reply.We joined with a group tour and we were lucky ,there was only four person in this group ,we toured with another couple from Canada.

The tour impressed us very much and we have proof by facts that tour in Winter low season is a good choice . Potala palace is not so crowed as most of review says ,we stayed quite a long time there and took lots of great pic .Our tripadvisor Janet told us EBC closed in last winter time because of heavy snow,so before arriving ,i'm quite worried about if we can visit there or not . Obviously,we were lucky always !The day we visited EBC with a pretty good weather and traffic all the way is well-off.

There is only one inadequacy that toured in Winter days ,most of hotel will close in winter ,so not too many choice .We stayed in Yak hotel ,it's a nice hotel but no breakfast supplied in winter .Our tour guide took us outside to have breakfast .

Sum all ,tour in Tibet in Winter is a good choice .Cheap and not crowded .Sunshine is sufficient of daytime,indeed ,it's much warm than most of other China cities we visited .

New York
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Tibet in Winter of 2014

Oh, we plan to visit Tibet in 2015 with 4 people, and Is yak hotel ok or budget guesthouse is good choice...How's the hotel location?

Holland
Level Contributor
538 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Tibet in Winter of 2014

The Yak hotel is a fine hotel on a good location. Only disadvantage is that they don't have breakfast in winter time.

Hong Kong, China
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Tibet in Winter of 2014

The Yak hotel is very close to Barkhor street with an excellent location .It's nice but no breakfast in winter .You can have breakfast outside .

New York
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Tibet in Winter of 2014

Thanks a lot. the advisor from this agency provided me more details too. We probably will stay there.

Lhasa, China
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour Tibet in Winter of 2014

@micheal B: Yak hotel is very good hotel. it is located at walk-able distance from Jokhang and Bakhor street which is also know as Tibet quarter to many foreign traveler. i would recommend you to that Hotel. All my guest stay in that hotel and i never had any complain about it in my five years in Business.

about the break fast. many other hotels too dont serve the breakfast in the winter time due to low season. but Yak hotel do have a restaurant in it called Dunya. they serve Tibetan food in winter.

Lhasa, China
Level Contributor
834 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour Tibet in Winter of 2014

Yah winter is another best time to experience authentic Tibet as there are less tourist during these months, but there are lots of local Tibetan pilgrims in and around Lhasa

Auckland Central...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour Tibet in Winter of 2014

Thanks a lot, and we confirm to stay in Yak hotel, and also i have contacted advisor from TibetTravel.com. and Elena told me that the hotel would provide breakfast in April when we visit. So now we just expect the time now. Thank you all the same.

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour Tibet in Winter of 2014

The Yak is good but not anything luxuriouse. If you want very nice hotel, you can choose the St. Regs or Shangrila.

Lhasa, China
Level Contributor
834 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour Tibet in Winter of 2014

Yah if you are looking for luxury hotels then St.Regis and Shangrila are option but they are located little bit away from the old town

Rocklin, California
Level Contributor
588 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour Tibet in Winter of 2014

We stayed at the St. Regis in July, 2014 and walked to the Barkhor Square several times during our stay.