We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Independent reviews about Tibet Discovery

5 posts
Save Topic
Independent reviews about Tibet Discovery

Hi, everyone! We are planning to take a trip to Tibet in May, 2015. We have contacted several agencies, and the one Tibet Discovery(tibetdiscovery.com) seemed to a good choice. They responded promptly, and helped me revise my itinerary from Lhasa to Kathmandu. Before the final agreement, we are trying to find out some independent reviews about this agency. Has anyone ever worked with them?

Mentioned in this post
Tibet
Tibet
China
Tibet Discovery
Tibet Discovery
105 Reviews
Lhasa, China
Lhasa
Lhasa
Tibet, China
Kathmandu
Kathmandu
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
Lhasa, China
Level Contributor
832 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Independent reviews about Tibet Discovery

Hi Not really known about them but it is good to check with them if they are based in Lhasa or they have operation team in Lhasa.

Mentioned in this post
Lhasa
Lhasa
Tibet, China
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Independent reviews about Tibet Discovery

Thanks for your advice. I've already checked. They have offices both in Chengdu and Lhasa.

Mentioned in this post
Chengdu
Chengdu
Sichuan, China
Lhasa
Lhasa
Tibet, China
Province of...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Independent reviews about Tibet Discovery

Hi!!! We have been in Tibet last June 2014. I never heard about Tibet Discovery, but I really recommend you our agency, Windhorse Tour. They are experienced, and his guide Kelsang is the best in Tibet. Great person who makes really special our tour. With a high knowledge of Tibetan culture, and a great experience in travels.

Mentioned in this post
Tibet
Tibet
China
Tibet Discovery
Tibet Discovery
105 Reviews
Lhasa, China
New York
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Independent reviews about Tibet Discovery

My friend recommended me them too, and he recommend me the trip advisor Elena from that company, but when i contacted the company, it seems that she left the company already. Other advisor provided me the quote and itienrary, and it is in my choice list...

Dublin, Ireland
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Independent reviews about Tibet Discovery

Hi Stanley, I am doing the same trip around May 9th. Is yours a private tour ? I would like join a group as I am travelling alone. I am flying into Beijing on April 30th, Train to Xian and train to Lhasa. Continue from Kathmandu to Goa, Kerala Returning to Ireland on 11th June. I had contacted been in touch with Tibettravel.org, Tibettanguide.com and Snowlion tours. The first two were impressive in their responses. Based on review and first hand experience from another Irish traveller I am leaning towards Tibettanguide. If there are 3 or more people a Private Tour is Ideal and cost effective.

Love to hear from you

Wilson

Mentioned in this post
Lhasa
Lhasa
Tibet, China
Kathmandu
Kathmandu
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
Goa
Goa
India
Rocklin, California
Level Contributor
584 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Independent reviews about Tibet Discovery

Hello Wilson,

We used Dhondup of Tibetanguide.com for our family trip to Tibet and EBC this past July 2014 and we were extremely happy with his services. We also got quotes from several other agencies and chose Dhondup based on the excellent reviews, his swift responses to all our questions, the fact that he is Tibetan and employs only Tibetan drivers and guides, and because of personal recommendations from his previous clients. I posted a review here on TA as well as on his Facebook page. You will be absolutely happy if you finally do chose to go with Tibetanguide.com.

Mentioned in this post
Tibet
Tibet
China
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Independent reviews about Tibet Discovery

Hi Stanley, I will be travelling to TIbet during end of April this year. Mind to share your itinerary and some advice? Greatly appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Tibet
Tibet
China
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Independent reviews about Tibet Discovery

Hi Kuala, my trip is from Lhasa to Kathmandu. My agent told me it is the most chose Tibet trip. Before that, we will take a train from Xining to Lhasa to see the Qing Zang railway. We also want to spend some days visit Kathmandu and Phokara.

The exact itinerary is:

D1 Arrive at Lhasa

D2 -3 Lhasa

Day 4 Lhasa - Gyantse

Day 5 Gyangtse - Shigatse

Day 6 Shigatse - Everest

Day 7 Everest - Zhangmu

Day 8 Zhangmu - Kathmandu

Mentioned in this post
Lhasa
Lhasa
Tibet, China
Kathmandu
Kathmandu
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
Tibet
Tibet
China
Shigatse
Shigatse
Tibet, China
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Independent reviews about Tibet Discovery

Hi Wilson, sorry for my late reply. We prefer a private tour. I will travel with my families of four. And we've already made the final deal with Tibetdiscovery. Yes, if you travel alone, you can take a group tour. I think it will be fun meeting new people in such an amazing place.

5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Independent reviews about Tibet Discovery

Hello Rocklin, we have already booked from Tibetdiscovery, but thanks for your recommendation.