We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel partners for 8 day trip Lhasa to Nepal early november

Antwerp, Belgium
2 posts
2 reviews
Travel partners for 8 day trip Lhasa to Nepal early november

Hi,

We are two 28 year old Belgian guys who are looking at arriving in Lhasa on the 9th of November. I've recently contacted some agencies about hiring a guide for the full 8 days and a 4WD with driver for 5 days. And also arranging all the neccesary permits. I'm still waiting for some replies to see which comes out cheaper. We will look for accommodation at the different destinations ourselves.

We are now looking for 2 extra travel partners to share to costs of the trip. The trip would start 9/11/13 with the first 3 days in Lhasa and after 5 days on the road visiting the relevant monasteries and including Everest base camp for one night and arriving at the Nepalese border on the 16th.

We haven't decided yet if we'll go to Lhasa by plane or train, but we'llbe coming in from Beijing.

If you are looking to be in Tibet around the same period or if you have anymore questions about the itinerary, feel free to ask. I would prefer email.

Thank you,

Youri & Michiel

yourikoyen@hotmail.com

michielvanloon3@gmail.com

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
10,347 posts
1. Re: Travel partners for 8 day trip Lhasa to Nepal early november

How do you intend to travel with 6 persons in a 4WD (as driver and guide are mandatory) and are you sure that you will get a Tibet permit without a pre-arranged itinerary?

Edited: 15 October 2013, 16:45
Antwerp, Belgium
2 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Travel partners for 8 day trip Lhasa to Nepal early november

All the agencies say it's possible with 6. One person on the passengers seat. Three in the back and they put an extra seat in the trunk for the guide. I have an arranged itinerary, so permits won't be a problem. Just have to get a group together at least 15 days before arrival.

3. Re: Travel partners for 8 day trip Lhasa to Nepal early november

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 10:50