We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

<Attention> Tibet Reopened

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,915 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
<Attention> Tibet Reopened

Today, TTB starts accepting application from some big agencies of good Guanxi.

Guimaraes, Portugal
Level Contributor
254 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: <Attention> Tibet Reopened

Is it still required groups of 5 persons or more?

Edited: 13 June 2012, 18:54
Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,915 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: <Attention> Tibet Reopened

Not sure, I guess they require great deal more, for the moment they are mainly concerned about politic facts and may give a chance to more politically qualified groups. ; -) ....Let's wait, anyway.

Belgium
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: <Attention> Tibet Reopened

Hi Oriental red,

Do they allow people again now in Tibet? Is there already a possibility again of receiving a Tibet Travel Permit?

How you know this already? As I didn't receive any notice of my travel agency Windhorsetour.com yet, and we have a tour at 3 July till 15 July.

Kind regards,

Xiamen, China
Level Contributor
6 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: <Attention> Tibet Reopened

The TTB has been accepting applications most of this whole time, from what I've read (and from my experience trying to go - we were to leave Saturday, we will not be going). The permits just sat at the TTB for awhile, as did many other groups. They had been "accepted" by the TTB, but were not issued (or denied) in time for groups to go. We just end up waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

Are they actually issuing and approving permits, or still just accepting?

Lhasa
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: <Attention> Tibet Reopened

Since i know, according to the latest news, permits application policy could be changed in next week.

But still now , there is no offcial news noticed.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,915 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: <Attention> Tibet Reopened

Now, opened to every tour companies from 20th Jun. But closed to a few unfriendly countries. And perhaps closed forever for Norwegian.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,915 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: <Attention> Tibet Reopened

The four China unfriendly countries but 14th Dalai friendly ones are UK, Austria, Norway, South Korea. (In actual number should be more. )

Group size still is at least 5.

But always be aware even you don't come from the 4 countries, you still get chance to be rejected for unopened reasons you probably could not figure out today.

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: <Attention> Tibet Reopened

....Srsly speaking, even the mind reader dont know what the Chinese government leader thinking about.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,915 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: <Attention> Tibet Reopened

Who makes friend with 14th Dalai will go in to blacklist of Chinese government right away.

So everybody could even safely conclude that not every tour group from USA, France, Germany etc will be allowed into TAR. The younger group members are, the more possible they are rejected.

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
4,353 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: <Attention> Tibet Reopened

--"China unfriendly countries but 14th Dalai friendly ones --"

Norway wasn´t being friendly with the Dalai Lama : it was the Nobel Prize commitee , an independent organisation, that awarded Liu Xiaobo the Nobel Peace Prize.

Tantrums like this is not winning China any respect in the world.