We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 American Travel Mates to Tibet - Nepal in May

New York, NY
Level Contributor
37 posts
65 reviews
2 American Travel Mates to Tibet - Nepal in May

With the policy change yesterday (May 5), we need 4 travelers of the same nationality.

So we're hoping to join other 2 Americans if there are any going to Tibet-EBC-Nepal in May.

We are 2 Americans and have already paid deposit, in the process of applying for permits and ready to go to Tibet. Unfortunately, the travelers in my group aren't of the same nationalities, and with this policy change we won't have a chance, so we now are sadly splitting up. This is told by our travel agency and confirmed by all the new posts on this forum and Thorn Tree forum.

Total for 4 people: 11005 RMB without accommodations

Per person: 2752 RMB

Please contact me!

Lhasa, China
8 posts
1. Re: 2 American Travel Mates to Tibet - Nepal in May

When are you going?

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: 2 American Travel Mates to Tibet - Nepal in May

I suggest you never wait to kill time. You also try your luck at other big tour operators. Somebody may get just you two approved.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
37 posts
65 reviews
3. Re: 2 American Travel Mates to Tibet - Nepal in May

I am planning to go any time after May 22. We are not trying to kill time. It is simply nearly impossible with the new policy to get permits if you can't find 4 of the same nationality to travel together and it has become stricter since I last posted. Travel agencies are pulling their hair out trying to swap and match up nationalities to form a group of 4 across different companies. I think it might not happen for me again this year :(

4. Re: 2 American Travel Mates to Tibet - Nepal in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 23:47