We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi-Kathmandu-Lhasa-Singapore (16-23June)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Delhi-Kathmandu-Lhasa-Singapore (16-23June)

Hi all

I am a student from Singapore. I am planning an overland Tibet tour and I am coming from Delhi. I have found a cheap connecting flight to Kathmandu and is wondering if any kind soul has input with regards to cheap budget overland tours inclusive of visas (Nepal and Tibet), permits and recommendations for agencies (good if it is Singapore-based)??

Currently I am in contact with an India-based agency who is helping to plan the India leg of my tour. This agency is also willing to help me plan my Tibet tour but no replies to date. I am planning to travel from 16-23 June for this Tibet leg. I will be planning to leave Lhasa on 22June for a connecting flight back to Singapore.

I will be grateful for any input and ideas! (e.g. is June a good timing? is Tibet safe for students aged early-20s? altitude acclimatisation? any interested parties to join up with us? etc.)

Lhasa, Xizang, China
Level Contributor
73 posts
1. Re: Delhi-Kathmandu-Lhasa-Singapore (16-23June)

For June, weather is warm but may have raining, actually I think that is a good time.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Delhi-Kathmandu-Lhasa-Singapore (16-23June)

I recommend you look into a nepal based company after you arrive in Kathmandu. Because India based tour company will sell their business to Nepal based one which operate your tour. You can also say that finally it is a Tibet based company who arranges the tour.

Tibet is in general very safe as long as you do not get lost in remote area even if you have a guide accompany.

altitude acclimatisation: depends on your fitness. No first visitor could escape altitude sickness.

Edited: 06 March 2012, 12:32
3. Re: Delhi-Kathmandu-Lhasa-Singapore (16-23June)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2012, 18:13
Edited: 26 March 2012, 18:13
Chiyoda, Japan
Level Contributor
103 posts
4. Re: Delhi-Kathmandu-Lhasa-Singapore (16-23June)

June is a good time.Many people will be at this time to Tibet,The weather is good,Don't worry.I used to travel is also recommend June or July, but I only have time to August

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
5. Re: Delhi-Kathmandu-Lhasa-Singapore (16-23June)

Weather in Tibet and Nepal are two very different "animals".

Tibet in June will be nice because the "humidity" is kept on the opposite side of the Himalayas.

But as I mentioned before, weather in Nepal during that time will be rather miserable.

Let's be clear about that to make sure you well understand implications.

Best regards

Tom

Edited: 07 March 2012, 23:55
6. Re: Delhi-Kathmandu-Lhasa-Singapore (16-23June)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 00:10