We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tibet tourist permit availability

NYC
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tibet tourist permit availability

I was scheduled to travel in Tibet last July (2011) but had to cancel the trip at the last minute because the Chinese government "closed" the region and stopped issuing the required travel permits. I've heard there have been more crackdowns in the region this year and the government has been restricting foreign travelers even more. I'd like to plan a trip to Tibet for the beginning of June but am concerned about being able to get a permit. I'd appreciate hearing about anyone's experience, suggestions or related information.

Thanks!

Lhasa, Xizang, China
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tibet tourist permit availability

As I know that foreigner can visit Tibet on last July, I have also saw so many foreigner in Tibet and I also saw some many foreigner in Lhasa. May I know which region you mentioned??

On the other hand, normally the Tibet is not allow to visit in Feb to Mar but will resume normal for foreigner to visit from April. If nothing special, you can visit Tibet in coming June. ^^

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tibet tourist permit availability

Last year it was 60th Ann Liberation of Tibet. In fact, people (travel companies) were already aware of the potential closing happening at about mid year at the year beginning.

This year there are no such official celebrations any more.

Lhasa, Tibet
Level Contributor
244 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tibet tourist permit availability

Tibet was closed form 25 June to 25 July in 2011, but it should be okay this year (2012).

Your trip should be fine this year.

Chiyoda, Japan
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tibet tourist permit availability

tibet permit must be by travel agency to help you to apply for, we can't help you.Help me to handle tibet permit travel quite good of, hahaa...

5. Re: Tibet tourist permit availability

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2013, 00:19