We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for partners for a Lhasa Overland tour in August

Isle of Man, United...
6 posts
Looking for partners for a Lhasa Overland tour in August

Hi everyone, me and my friend are looking for 2 people to join us for a 12 days trip in tibet. I have got quotation for a 12 days tour and now hoping to find two more people to share the cost.

Here is the itinerary for the 12 days tour:

Lhasa-Namtso Lake-Tsedang-Yamdrok Lake - Karula Glacier - Gyantse-Shigatse- Sakya-Tingri - Everest Base Camp(camping for a night) then leave at Zhangmu / Kodari Nepal’s border town to Kathmandu

We are uni students and our budget is a bit tight, so we are planning to stay at hostel/camping. We are flexible on the date of the trip and we are open to options for any similar itinerary. Please do drop a line if you are interested or message me for details.

chengdu
Level Contributor
15 posts
1. Re: Looking for partners for a Lhasa Overland tour in August

I am wonder are you going to travel by yourselves or let your travel organized by travel agency?

Isle of Man, United...
6 posts
2. Re: Looking for partners for a Lhasa Overland tour in August

We are travelling with travel agencies. I have got a few quotation and I have compared all of them. I have got a 12 days tour itinerary from Spinn cafe&Tours which I think is pretty good. Price is as follows:

2 people: RMB 15380

3 people: RMB 17598

4 people: RMB 19152

I managed to get 5% discount off it since I do not require a permit. I am from HK and my friend is from the UK. so it will be around 19152x5%=18194RMB/4=4548RMB for a 12 days tour. lemme know if you are interested and I will send you further details. Thanks.

New York City, New...
2 posts
3. Re: Looking for partners for a Lhasa Overland tour in August

I am interested. Can you give me your email? Will you be going to Namtso lake too?

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
1 review
4. Re: Looking for partners for a Lhasa Overland tour in August

Oh man, I wish I could join in on this having recently finished uni also (NZ) However I am only in lhasa for 7 nights and need to exit Lhasa to Chengdu then onto Beijing!

5. Re: Looking for partners for a Lhasa Overland tour in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 June 2011, 07:05
6. Re: Looking for partners for a Lhasa Overland tour in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 June 2011, 07:05
San Francisco
Level Contributor
137 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Looking for partners for a Lhasa Overland tour in August

Would you be interested in having someone join you for the first 4 or 5 days of your tour and then leaving? I would love to do Lhasa and Namtso Lake but then I would have to leave. Not sure if you would want this or not? Or if your tour company would allow it?

Also, what dates in August are you thinking? I would be available early August. Like the 4/5th through the 9/10th.

Dubai, United Arab...
4 posts
8. Re: Looking for partners for a Lhasa Overland tour in August

i am interested in this tour what is the cost ? i prefer to start 4th aug?

Chengdu
7 posts
9. Re: Looking for partners for a Lhasa Overland tour in August

this year is the 60th anniversary of the “Tibetan people's peaceful liberation of Tibet”, the celebration and stuff will be held from June 25, 2011 to late July 2011, Tibet Visa (Tibet permit) is not be available from June 25, 2011 to late July, 2011.

and the visa issueing department won't be working until late July probably around July 30, and it usually takes at least 7 days to finish the application and get a permit.

so If you are planning your tour to Tibet, please take this information into consideration.

Alex

Dubai, United Arab...
4 posts
10. Re: Looking for partners for a Lhasa Overland tour in August

hi, i am interested in this tour with my friend we are 2 coming from dubai, can you give me your email ..which dates are you planning to start, we want to start the tour from lahsa on the 13th of aug. please let me know if this date correspond with yours