We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SnowLion Tours -- Recommended?

Charleston, SC
2 posts
SnowLion Tours -- Recommended?

Has anyone heard of SnowLion Tours?

I am considering going on one of their "Nomad Adventures" and camping with Tibetan nomads. I haven't found many other companies that do this kind of trip.

Has anyone else used this company? Do you recommend them?

So far their service seems good, I just want to see if others have had any experience with them.

Their website is www.snowliontours.com.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
15 posts
1. Re: SnowLion Tours -- Recommended?

Yes, SnowLion Tours is one of the few Tibetan-owned travel agencies operating on the Tibetan plateau. The owner worked for a number of major travel agencies before starting his own. They provide sustainable tours that help benefit Tibetan communities and come highly recommended.

Support Tibetans in Tibet.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
175 reviews
2. Re: SnowLion Tours -- Recommended?

They have begun to post quite a lot on Lonely planet thorntree recently giving good advice. Some frequent posters on thorntree recommend them as well. As above says they are Tibetan owned and run which is usually a good sign in Tibet.

Colorado
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: SnowLion Tours -- Recommended?

I'm currently planning a trip with them to Lhasa. Everything seems to be going smoothly so far, and I'll write up a report after I get back from my vacation.

Best,

Doug

Charleston, SC
2 posts
4. Re: SnowLion Tours -- Recommended?

Thanks, y'all! I guess I'll go ahead and book with them. Still a while till I get my summer vacation, though.

Doug - please let us know how your trip goes!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
774 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: SnowLion Tours -- Recommended?

we are doing a trip with them in 10 days. they have been very responsive and a pleasure to deal with. i will post after the trip.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: SnowLion Tours -- Recommended?

Snow Lion Tours has been extremely responsive to me. And, their responses are detailed and answer all my questions.

I would like to travel with them, but as of today, they do not have a group together for the itinerary that I want (one that skips EBC). They gave me a good price, but as only one person, it was too expensive.

They concentrate on tours that travel to Everest Base Camp and to Nepal, or Nepal border.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
3 posts
72 reviews
7. Re: SnowLion Tours -- Recommended?

How was your trip? Do you still recommend Snowlion tours?

thanks!

Iowa City, Iowa
1 post
8. Re: SnowLion Tours -- Recommended?

We are planning on going from Lhasa to Mt. Everest from the 29th of June through the 7th of July via Snow Lion. I will try to remember to post a report here. Also, if anyone is interested in traveling with there are up to two spots available if interested.

Edited: 17 June 2010, 12:19
Bremerton...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: SnowLion Tours -- Recommended?

I am looking for a trip to Tibet that doesn't include the EBC. Will check this group out. Want to travel in October at the earliest. Am solo so far.

San Francisco...
2 posts
10. Re: SnowLion Tours -- Recommended?

hi i am interested in joining your group. (two ppl including myself)

We are plannining on arriving Lhasa around June 30th(if fly into) or July wnd. (if take a train from Xining)

We are also interested in doing Ganden - Samye (4days out of Lhasa) trekking also and thinking of adding it.

Please let me know your itinerary in detail . my email is cherieyoun@gmail.com

cherie