We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tibet and Nepal

Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Tibet and Nepal

Hi

I'm looking at heading from Xian to Lhasa by train in March 09'. And from there join an overland tour of Tibet and Nepal for perhaps 15+ days. After which back to Hong Kong.

I understand all the visa and permit stuff, but can anyone tell me where to get the ticket? I live in Hong Kong, are there any agencies that deal with them here?

Also can anyone recommend a good tour company to use!

Has anyone heard of Royal mountain travel?

Cheers!!

Mentioned in this post
Xi'an
Xi'an
Shaanxi, China
Lhasa
Lhasa
Tibet, China
Tibet
Tibet
China
hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tibet and Nepal

A ticket for where? Dragon Airlines sometimes flies from Nepal back to Hong Kong. You can book online with them.

Tours, trains tickets and permits are linked together. One agent that is recommended in Chengdu is Sims. You don't have to go to Chengdu to use them.

www.gogosc.com/

Mentioned in this post
Chengdu
Chengdu
Sichuan, China
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tibet and Nepal

Cheers,

I'm planning on either flying with Dragon direct to HKG or head to Pukhet for a few days after the trip.

Cheers for the advice, i'll try sims in chengdu

Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tibet and Nepal

OK can anyone give some names of agencies that gave good value for money tours??

I'm looking at taking the train from xian to Lhasa. Then from there take in the sights, and a Tibet overland tour finishing in Nepal with possibly an overland tour in Nepal... depending on how much this is all going to be.

At a glance alot of the tours cost anything from $1000 USD to $1600 USD. Is this too much to pay, or is it about the correct amount to pay??

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Lhasa
Lhasa
Tibet, China
Tibet
Tibet
China
chengdu
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tibet and Nepal

Again try Chengdu to investigate how much agencies here are charging for prices. Once again you can do this by contacting travel friendly experts - like the folk working in Sims. Prices found in Chengdu are often far cheaper than those advertised outside – and if you could get through as an independent traveler then those dollar prices you quote in your last post could be slashed!!!!

Chengdu Travel Blog - http://chengdutravel.blogspot.com/

Mentioned in this post
Chengdu
Chengdu
Sichuan, China
5. Re: Tibet and Nepal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2009, 09:19
hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tibet and Nepal

There are currently some restrictions when travelling between Tibet and Nepal.

See www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa…

Mentioned in this post
Tibet
Tibet
China
Lhasa, China
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tibet and Nepal

The price seems ok if you are travelling alone, if you want to minimze your tour budget then find some other tourist who have same trip plan, i think three or four is best number of tour-members for that trip. so you can get a cheaper by sharing. I experienced many tourist do it like so.

8. Re: Tibet and Nepal

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2009, 08:58
9. Re: Tibet and Nepal

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 15:49