We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hong Kong & Macau Trip

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
Hong Kong & Macau Trip

Hi

My Husband & I will be attending the Canton Fair in Guangzhou, China.

From there we are planning a 4 days / 3 nights trip to Hong kong and / or Macau.

We plan to travel from Guangzhou to Macau via 9 am Ferry from Nasha Port on 20th April.

Our return flight back home is from Hong kong on 23rd April at 8.45 pm.

How should we break up our time in hand

1) stay 2 nights in Macau / 1 night in Hong kong; or

2) stay 1 night in Macau / 2 nights in Hong kong; or

3) 3 nights in either hong kong / macau with a day trip to the other place.

I'm a bit confused hence if any one here could help me it would be great.

Thank You

Edited: 03 March 2016, 13:48
4 replies to this topic
Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
20,242 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Hong Kong & Macau Trip

With 3 nights in Hong Kong, I wouldn't even consider Macau. Hong Kong has more things to see than you have time for. If you must, 2 nights Hong Kong 1 night Macau. I wouldn't consider doing Hong Kong to day trip to "another place". Any place flying from Hong Kong is international flight (immigration plus round trip to airport). You are looking at 6 to 7 hours round trip overhead for a day trip.

Macau, China
Level Contributor
7,549 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Hong Kong & Macau Trip

Just stay all your nights in Hong Kong. Better to stay near Tsim Sha Tsui East for your trip to Guangzhou East by Intercity train (+ taxi to the fair venue). Nansha is just too far from the venue and the ferry is only charter one and you'd better forget about Macau as that is too rush to include it in your trip.

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
3. Re: Hong Kong & Macau Trip

Hey

Thanx for your reply and suggestion

In that case will it make sense to do a day trip to macau from Hong Kong ( is it worth it or should i skip macau all together)

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
20,242 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Hong Kong & Macau Trip

If you are determined to go to Macau, an overnight trip is better than day trip so that you can split the 5-6 hour round-trip overhead over 2 days instead of taking them all in one day.

Reply to: Hong Kong & Macau Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted