We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy clothing for western sized women!

Penn Valley...
Level Contributor
47 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy clothing for western sized women!

Hi all, I am living in China and in need of some new clothing that fits western size (curvy and tall) women. Jeans, leggings and of course boots sized 11/41. Husband needs sized 13/48 shoes. Headed to Hong Kong and don't want to waste a lot of time. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Private 4-Hour Walking Tour: Memories...
from US$ 80.00*
Free Cancellation
Small Group Tour of Old Hong Kong
1 Review
from US$ 101.90*
Free Cancellation
Hong Kong Food Tour: Sham Shui Po...
60 Reviews
from US$ 97.90*
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
8,367 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy clothing for western sized women!

Shoes those sizes are not easy to find in Hong Kong: for anything other than trainers, I usually just head off to Marks & Spencers. Otherwise I just order online from somewhere like Lands End.

If you have a good dressmaker/ tailor in Chengdu, I'd suggest heading up to Sham Shui Po to stock up on whatever fabrics & trimmings you want and then have everything made up when you get back. Otherwise my standby is Fa Yuen St: most of the larger sized stuff is in the shops behind the street stalls rather than at the stalls themselves. There's no telling how much stuff suitable for you will be there on the day you go though; some days my arms have been full after I've visited 3 shops, other days I've come home just about empty-handed.

Mentioned in this post
Chengdu
Chengdu
Sichuan, China
Sham Shui Po
Sham Shui Po
414 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Penn Valley...
Level Contributor
47 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy clothing for western sized women!

Thanks for the info. Very depressing! I thought I would be able to pick up things for the winter. Very difficult to ship from US to China as everything new goes thru customs and we get taxed on anything with tags.

Mentioned in this post
3. Re: Where to buy clothing for western sized women!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 21:46