We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luxury leisure hotel in Hong Kong

Warwick, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
luxury leisure hotel in Hong Kong

Hi,

My wife and i are travelling to Hong Kong for a bit of r&r. We usually like to stay in design hotels but are unsure what to pick in Hong Kong. We are in our early 30's and looking for a stunning view and exceptional ammenties. I have looked at the Club Suite 80 at Hotel Icon as well as the Four Seasons and Intercontinental. Are there any other suggestions - we would prefer smaller or boutique which is why we are leaning towards Hotel Icon.

Thanks

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
700 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: luxury leisure hotel in Hong Kong

The view of Hullet House may not be as stunningly beautiful as Four Seasons and Intercontinental but it is converted from the old Tsimshatsui marine police headquarter and each guestroom is specially designed and furnished:

hulletthouse.com/index.html#/hotel/roomlist

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5,537 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: luxury leisure hotel in Hong Kong

My impression is that Hotel Icon is not in the same league as Four Seasons or Intercontinental.

In addition to Hullett House, you can also take a look at the Mandarin Orientals and the Upper House.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
541 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: luxury leisure hotel in Hong Kong

In case you dont mind spending arms and legs you also could have a look at the newly opened Ritz Carlton in the ICC Tower...not cheap...but amazing views...aside from this..Sheraton, Peninsula Intercontinental are all in TST right in front of Victoria Harbour...all not cheap, but you pay the location and view...on Hong Kong Island...the Four Seasons like already mentioned above would be also a choice...

Warwick, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: luxury leisure hotel in Hong Kong

Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately Hullet House is not available for our dates.

The views from the Ritz Carlton look simply amazing. What is the location like compared to Four Seasons or Hotel Icon?

Thanks again.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
700 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: luxury leisure hotel in Hong Kong

Both Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons are 5-star hotels, located above a large shopping mall and directly connected with Airport Express and the MTR network via underground tunnels, so they are very easily accessible by public transport. Hotel Icon, on the other hands, is less convenience (15 minutes walk from the closest MTR station on the street) and as Glacierfed put it, not exactly in the same league as these two.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
541 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: luxury leisure hotel in Hong Kong

Location of the Ritz at ICC...is ok...since you have a MTR station right in the Elements Shopping Mall...and taxi rides are not too expensive in HK...a bit inconvienent if u compare with four seasons since this one is right at the heart of central (this also has big shopping mall IFC Mall) ...so all depends on your preferences and budget..

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: luxury leisure hotel in Hong Kong

Location? Does it matter? There are plenty of taxis at your service. The hotel limos too.

There is only one "tallest hotel in the world".

…wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_hotels_i…

Warwick, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: luxury leisure hotel in Hong Kong

There is too much choice - we can never be pleased! I think we may have settled on the Intercontinental...thoughts?

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: luxury leisure hotel in Hong Kong

Also consider:

The Upper House

and

Le Meridien Cyberport

Edited: 04 May 2012, 13:39
Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: luxury leisure hotel in Hong Kong

If you're going for the Intercontinental, make sure it's the Intercontinental HK Hotel and not the Intercontinental Grand Stanford (although, that's by no means a bad hotel). Also, try and opt for a harbourview room.

Location-wise, it's good - Close to public transport, shopping, etc. If you haven't already done so, check out the reviews posted here on Tripadvisor, as they'll give you a better idea of what to expect, before you make your bookings.

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time in HK! :)

Edited: 04 May 2012, 20:20