We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any fees on "on arrival" visa for Indians

Kanpur
2 posts
Save Topic
Any fees on "on arrival" visa for Indians

Hi

I am travelling Hong Kong in few weeks for 5 days. I need to ask that will there be any visa fees and about how much?

Also, Should I carry HKD or dollars would suffice for the trip?

214 replies to this topic
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,137 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any fees on "on arrival" visa for Indians

Assuming you are visiting HK for business, social or pleasure purposes no visa is required for a stay of up to 14 days. (Indian nationals are allowed 14 days visa-free stay in Hong Kong).

Your passport needs to be valid for at least one month beyond your intended departure date from HK.

Edited: 31 December 2011, 21:37
Kanpur
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any fees on "on arrival" visa for Indians

I know that visa will be provided on arrival but the question is regarding visa fees?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
647 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any fees on "on arrival" visa for Indians

I don't think you don't understand. There is no "Visa On Arrival", all Indian passport holders will have their passport stamped with a visa-free chop allowing you stay up to 14 days (at no fee). Any stay longer than this will require a visa.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,766 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any fees on "on arrival" visa for Indians

It is free.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,137 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Any fees on "on arrival" visa for Indians

It's just a passport stamp (not a visa), showing arrival date and date allowed to remain until Hong Kong until (which is 14 days from arrival date for Indians).

Edited: 01 January 2012, 01:04
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any fees on "on arrival" visa for Indians

>> Also, Should I carry HKD or dollars would suffice for the trip? <<

Only Hong Kong Dollars are accepted in transactions in Hong Kong. Other currencies, such as US Dollars, need to be converted to Hong Kong Dollars. There are many small exchanges and banks you can use throughout the city to convert money.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau
Level Contributor
7,785 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any fees on "on arrival" visa for Indians

Also, in Hong Kong you do not need to worry about any "unofficial" fees being levied by officials (which I know can be an issue in many Asian countries) :-)

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Any fees on "on arrival" visa for Indians

One thing to take note of though is that staff might ask what your intended purpose in HK is (this is not unique to HK though!). This generally involves answering some questions about your stay, and presenting evidence like accommodation booking, flight itinerary, sufficient money (e.g. cash, credit cards, debit cards, etc.) to last the duration of your visit, etc..

Assuming you're just travelling as a tourist, there's nothing to worry about. I know our Immigration/Customs officers ask the same sort of thing to ensure travellers don't intend to overstay or start working or whatnot!

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time in HK! :)

Gangtok, Sikkim...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Any fees on "on arrival" visa for Indians

I along with my family (four persons) intend to visit Hongkong during second week of December 2012 and planning to stay for for a week and also visit Macau for two nights. We are valid Indian passport holders and can we be given on arrival visa ??

Gangtok, Sikkim...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Any fees on "on arrival" visa for Indians

I along with my family (four persons) intend to visit Hongkong during second week of December 2012 and planning to stay for for a week and also visit Macau for two nights. We are valid Indian passport holders and can we be given on arrival visa ??

Reply to: Any fees on "on arrival" visa for Indians
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted