We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snoopy world

hawaii
Level Contributor
566 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
snoopy world

hello

what exactly is this place?

is it just a playground with peanut characters or is it something where there is an admission charge like a small theme park?

thank you

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snoopy world

It's a playground, free of charge. Here's a pic of it:

…wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Snoopy_WorldOvervie…

hawaii
Level Contributor
566 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snoopy world

thank you so much --very helpful

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: snoopy world

It's free to enter but when I took my nephew there at Christmas you had to show a till receipt for a purchase from any of the shops or restaurants in New Town Plaza to be allowed on the canoe ride. I don't know whether this applies at all times or just at busy times (there was a long queue). It's quite a small playground.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
868 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snoopy world

the receipt proof is at all times. And it has to be for more than $100.

To be honest there is a much better (and larger) playground a couple of minutes walk away in Shatin Park.

Actually, on an aside (sorry for hijack) I think I should mention a great place for kids in Kennedy Town called Playtown. It's one of those indoor padded climbing frame places but is way beyond anything I have seen before (e.g pneumatic guns that fire sponge balls etc). I took my three there (ages 1, 4 and 7) a few weeks back and they loved it.

Weekends is $100 per kid (adults are free) for an all day ticket. Much more worthwhile than snoopy world.

http://www.playtown.com.hk/

Philadelphia , PA
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: snoopy world

To add to the fine advice above, and no offense to the Snoopy World lovers out there, it is very small. When I looked at it a few years ago, I was surprised that it was as small as it was, based on what I had read in a guidebook.

Steve in the USA

Edited: 20 March 2010, 01:58
Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: snoopy world

Hi,

Would like to enquire if I just want to go in to Snoopy World for photo taking, does the 'more than HKD 100 till receipt' applies also?

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,267 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: snoopy world

No, it's free to enter Snoopy's World and you can go in and take photos. You only need proof of purchase to go on the boating canal canoe ride. However, as pointed out above it's somewhat overrated, just a small playground and not really worth going out of your way for;

newtownplaza.com.hk/eng/…snoopy_world.html

Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: snoopy world

Oh i see. Thanks for the info. =D

Sydney
Level Contributor
117 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: snoopy world

It really is just a small playground. Entry is free but you need a receipt for the canoe ride.

Even though it is small, my children (aged 9, 8 and 6) loved it. We went to Sha Tin to go to the Heritage Museum and the 10,000 Buddha temple. We visited Snoopy World before walking to the museum and then went back after the Museum (with a receipt from the shopping centre) so they could go on the canoe ride.

I would not go to Sha Tin to see it but it is worth a quick visit if you are already there looking at other things. The Museum and temple were excellent.

10. Re: snoopy world

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2010, 09:45