We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice food to buy as souvenirs

KL
Level Contributor
265 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nice food to buy as souvenirs

Will be in Hong Kong and would like to know what are some nice food that you would recommend to buy as souvenir to bring back for friends and relatives. Please also let me know where to get the items too. Thanks

Planet Venus
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Nice food to buy as souvenirs

try wing wah bakery and kee wah

http://www.kee-wah.com.hk/public/ehome.html

Asia
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Nice food to buy as souvenirs

You may have a point there 5678. Will see if I have time to find these stores. Thanks for the link. There were a few items that caught my eye. These websites are such a temptation hahaha. I’m still trying to open the link to Kee Wah.

Whimsicalbuyer, wow that’s a lot of biscuits!:) Still remember how much they cost?

It seems like I’m running away with KK0507’s thread here...will wait for answers to my other queries. Thank you to all!

Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
557 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Nice food to buy as souvenirs

I bought some of the chocolates wrapped in gold with chinese symbols in them that looked like coins. We got them in a shop in HK MTR station.

I put them in red packets with a few real dollar coins and everyone loved them.

P@

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Nice food to buy as souvenirs

I picked up a bunch of candies at a local Aji Ichiban. They were the perfect gift to give to friends and acquaintances who deserved only a token. They were also inexpensive, easy to travel with and pleasant most palettes. Plus their are Aji Ichibans everwhere!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
80 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Nice food to buy as souvenirs

hi, travelpursuit

I couldn't remember offhand how much they cost, but I remembered checking the prices in town and comparing them with the stores in HKIA.

At that time, it was insignificant e.g. at most HK$10 diff. Definately more convenient.

16. Re: Nice food to buy as souvenirs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 12:49