We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing

Maseru, Lesotho
Level Contributor
23 posts
41 reviews
Skiing

Hello all,

I want to find out if there is anyway to take a ski trip for some one based in Beijing. I want to find out costs, travel time, and when to go.

Thanks

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,958 posts
109 reviews
1. Re: Skiing

Are you expirienced in Skiing? What do you expect? The ski "resorts" are quite basic around Beijing and there is often an issue with the lack of snow in the areas close to BJ.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
23,853 posts
47 reviews
2. Re: Skiing

They are going to hold the Winter Olympics in China, so obviously there are ski resorts. Just do an internet search of ski resorts near Beijing and you'll see them.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
45,702 posts
824 reviews
3. Re: Skiing

In the winter I ski most weekends in Beijing. There are quite a few ski hills and they always have snow as it is quite cold in Beijing (they make snow). I would not call them resorts. For a real resort go further north to Yabuli. Much better mountain. Better yet, go to Korea.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
595 reviews
4. Re: Skiing

travelchinaguide.com/attraction/beijing/ski-…

Maseru, Lesotho
Level Contributor
23 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Skiing

Thanks to all, but i was wondering about Ski resorts ACCESIBLE from Beijing, like by an overnight train or cheap flight. Mostly, i want to find out a place go with my family, including a younger child. I dont want to have to pay a lot for a plane, so a train would be preffered.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
45,702 posts
824 reviews
6. Re: Skiing

As I said already, your options are Beijing itself or Yabuli (best).

Maseru, Lesotho
Level Contributor
23 posts
41 reviews
7. Re: Skiing

How abou best/cheapest hotels in yabuli ski?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
45,702 posts
824 reviews
8. Re: Skiing

Yabuli is not cheap.

Maseru, Lesotho
Level Contributor
23 posts
41 reviews
9. Re: Skiing

Thn which hotels are the best value?

10. Re: Skiing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2016, 09:48