We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Voyager in June

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
219 reviews
Voyager in June

Hi we are going to the Voyager Beach in June - first time in Kenya.

We have also booked a safari with F.King for 2 nights Tsavo East and West.

Whilst I have loads of questions about the Voyager my most important one at this stage is about the local people.

I have around 12 large Teen / Adult football shirts and a leather football. Would they be suitable for any of the orphanages or is there another suggestion. I also have for example portable cd player with radio - if I took rechargable batteries would that work?

I had kind of anticipated leaving evrything from my suitcase is that welcome -or an insult?

We will buy some things locally to take to an orphanage but Previously we have taken the small soap /shampoo/ etc kits again is that the sort of thing that'd be useful?

Your views are most welcome

Slainte

Jim

maidstone kent
Level Contributor
453 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Voyager in June

hi celticfire every thing you have mention will be welcomed. you might with the football shirts and ball find a school for them, i,m not so sure about the cd player, maybe for a orpanage. anything will be useful, we always leave all our toileties when we leave, the wife even gives her make up and nail varnish.

i,m hope thats some help rhys

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,638 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: Voyager in June

Jim,

As Rhys says everything you've said would be welcome, also see the FAQ on 'Visiting schools, homes and orphanages' top right of this forum for more ideas. The CD Player / radio would work if given to a school or home rather than an individual, rechargeable batteries are a good idea, you can buy little chargers which include 4 batteries from most supermarkets.

3. Re: Voyager in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 April 2010, 01:05
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
219 reviews
4. Re: Voyager in June

Thanks guys I'll take those comments on board.

I'll leave as much as I can. Also doing some further reading it may be useful to buy some food etc while there and take it.

Can you take dried foods into the country e.g. packet soup, oxo anything else?

brighton
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
5. Re: Voyager in June

hi celtic when injune are you flying out as me and my partner fly out monday 14 ,first timers to kenya as well and cant wait.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
219 reviews
6. Re: Voyager in June

Hi

we go out on the 7th From Gatwick. Will still be there when you arrive - hopefully well into it by then

Slainte

Jim

plymouth england
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Voyager in June

send me a PM I can send you to two childrens homes who will share your goodies ..

8. Re: Voyager in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2010, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa
Recent Conversations