We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malarone Tabs

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Malarone Tabs

Can someone tell me if I should feel o.k. after taking my Malarone Tabs.

I am now dubious about taking things like this and am dreading any side effects or does if affect just a few people? My first one is the day before I go and I hate being ill.

Thanks

nyc
Level Contributor
14,537 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Malarone Tabs

If you think you'll be ill, you will.

I've never had any reaction from Malarone which should be taken with food, preferably dairy products - cheese, yogurt, milk - not on an empty stomach.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Malarone Tabs

nickie50 give us a call we are still up skippies mob

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malarone Tabs

Just got message so a bit late now will call tomorrow if that is o.k. Just tell me a good time to call not sure of your movements.

Nicki

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malarone Tabs

4 of us - 2 adults 2 kids took them with no side effects at all. But do take them with a meal. If you take them in the evening, if you suffer any side effects you're likely to sleep them off!

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,326 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malarone Tabs

I also never had any side effects from them

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malarone Tabs

Thank you you have put my mind at rest : -)

East of England
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Malarone Tabs

Can I suggest a trial. I was worried like you so I asked my travel nurse to supply three tabs for each of us (which she reckoned was enough for us to see serious side effects) and we took them a few weeks before we went away. We were all fine but and it put my mind at ease. I was worried about ending up with a bad stomach on the plane! What I will say though is that hubby and daughter both had several mouth ulcers while we were away and she bruised easily too, neither of which I connected to the Malorone until I happened to be reading the leaflet in the packet one day and they listed them as side effects. All copable with though. My son and I were both side effect free!

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
801 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malarone Tabs

Have gone to India for many years and taken Malarone for there as I am ill with Paludrine and the other one needed. Malarone has been a revelation. No sleep problems, no hallucinations, and no problem eating. Have only ever heard of a handful of people who had problem with Malarone. Only problem - the price! V. expensive when 2 people go for over a month each time.

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
108 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malarone Tabs

We were told malarone has the least side effects of all the antimalarial drugs available, only downside is they are the most expensive.

We paid £60.50 at ASDA Pharmacy for 24 tablets each to cover us for the 2 week holiday.

u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Malarone Tabs

Can I ask if you needed a private prescription to purchase them from Asda?

Get answers to your questions about Mombasa