We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas 2009 - any recommendations for hotels?

uk
Level Contributor
3 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas 2009 - any recommendations for hotels?

Trying to find a hotel that's of a good standard,is not particularly large and ideally one that doesn't attract families with screaming kids!

Looking at Mombasa/Diani Beach

Would be grateful for any suggestions. TIA

Mentioned in this post
Mombasa
Mombasa
Coast Province, Kenya
Diani Beach
Diani Beach
1,293 Reviews
Diani Beach, Kenya
Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas 2009 - any recommendations for hotels?

jambo!

have a look at 'the sands at nomads' (diani beach)...its a boutique hotel - very nice - have a look at some reviews (including mine!)

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g775870-d594546…

..and hardly any children - i think the small circular deep pool has something to do with it ! ;o)

enjoy

sw

NE
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas 2009 - any recommendations for hotels?

Diani Sea Resort may suit you as it isn't too big and is situated on the beach at Diani. Obviously no one can gaurantee there will be no "screaming kids". Southern Palms is a bit bigger, maybe gives you room to hide if there are any kids around. There is one next door to Forty Thieves, It's called Flamboyant, it is run by the same family who have Forty Thieves. They have a web site you could look it up. Wish I was going for xmas! I feel quite jealous.

Mentioned in this post
Diani Sea Resort
Diani Sea Resort
1,100 Reviews
Diani Beach, Kenya
Diani Beach
Diani Beach
Ukunda, Kenya
Mombasa
Level Contributor
146 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas 2009 - any recommendations for hotels?

But if you are staying over New Years bear in mind the whole teenage population of Kenya gravitate towards Forty Theives on New Years eve for all night partying - thousands of them!

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
4. Re: Christmas 2009 - any recommendations for hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 06:50
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa