We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi Airport - Terminals 1A & 1D

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
252 posts
101 reviews
Nairobi Airport - Terminals 1A & 1D

Hi, I will be leaving from T1A but needs to go to T1D for the airport lounge there. Are terminals 1A & 1D connected? Do I have to take the shuttle bus or train? Thanks.

7 replies to this topic
South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,343 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Nairobi Airport - Terminals 1A & 1D

Are you sure? 1D is just across the car park from 1A.

1A INTERNATIONAL DEPARTURES

Kenya Airways

China Southern

Precision Air

Air Mauritius

DOMESTIC DEPATURE ARRIVAL TERMINAL 1D

Kenya Airways

Jambo Jet

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,453 posts
219 reviews
2. Re: Nairobi Airport - Terminals 1A & 1D

Which lounge do you want to accesss?

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,577 posts
55 reviews
3. Re: Nairobi Airport - Terminals 1A & 1D

1D is the Domestic Terminal, which has no airside connection to terminals 1A to 1C. As TF says 1D is just across the road from 1A but that is landside, and 1D has only one small lounge on its airside for business class domestic passengers only. The other lounges are all for international departure passengers and are all airside in the Departure terminals.

Terminals 1B and 1C are the old Terminal building and are now just for International departures and are basically a long, curved, single building with a corridor running the full length of it. 1A is a new Terminal building (for KQ and its Skyteam partners arrivals and departures) attached to the old building and connected to the end of the corridor in 1B. You can move easily between 1A,1B and 1C, though you have to go through scanners where 1A and 1B connect.

There seems to be a lot of inaccurate information on the internet about the Turkish Airlines Star Alliance Lounge which is located in International Departures by Gate 4A which means it must be in Terminal 1C, but it's frequently referred to on the internet as being in 1D (Domestic) and 1E (International Arrivals which is a completely separate building).

This map of the airport may help

https://flic.kr/p/HH7oSj

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
252 posts
101 reviews
4. Re: Nairobi Airport - Terminals 1A & 1D

Thanks so very much for your detailed reply. My credit card is moving us from using Priority Pass to MasterCard Lounge. There is only one lounge offered at T1 and that is Turkish Airline Lounge. Doffcocker: you are so right. The internet did say it is at 1D. I will be leaving Kilimanjaro to Nairobi (at 1A) and from Nairobi back to Canada via Amsterdam. I am guessing there will be long waits at all these airports and really appreciate if I can use the lounges to kill some time.

Thanks again.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,453 posts
219 reviews
5. Re: Nairobi Airport - Terminals 1A & 1D

The Turkish lounge is above T1D and you can walk from T1A airside. It’s maybe a 10-12 minute walk.

From T1A keep walking past T1B, T1C and keep going, and you’ll see it. It’s a great lounge, but can get busy in the evenings.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
252 posts
101 reviews
6. Re: Nairobi Airport - Terminals 1A & 1D

Thanks again. Will definitely give it a try.

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
1 post
58 reviews
7. Re: Nairobi Airport - Terminals 1A & 1D

Turkish Airlines Star Alliance Lounge ; Flying BA last night to London and had to use this so called Lounge, no seating , AC was freezing, Food should have been thrown out. Not A Fan

Reply to: Nairobi Airport - Terminals 1A & 1D
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted