We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoor Travel

Seattle
1 post
Save Topic
Shoor Travel

I am thinking of booking a safari. Any feedback out there on this tour company?

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shoor Travel

Shoor Travel is a very good tour operator. I have used them for hotel bookings and safaris and have had fairly good service, and are above all, reliable. They sometimes also offer specials on hotel bookings which I've found to be cheaper than the hotel's direct rack rates. There are several good travel companies in Nairobi, but I'd suggest one choose only those who are members of KATO [ Kenya Association of Tour Operators] and this too for at least 5 years or more.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shoor Travel

I've travelled to Kenya and Tanzania a lot of times and each of my safari trips were organised by Shoor Travel. I've never had a problem with hotel bookings, flight bookings. Their guides are very knowledgable and friendly. They were very professional in organising even my hardest itineraries and I would definitely recommend working with them. Being a wildlife photographer, I am very demanding most of the time and their guides are very patient and they do everything in their power to spot wildlife that are on my target list. I've had a couple of last minute changes during my trips and they were flexible enough to make changes in the itinerary and bookings.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shoor Travel

Shoor Safaris is a very good operator ! Just back from Kenya on a trip with them that I almost had booked with a European Tour Operator at 30% more - yet I got the same itinerary & quality from Shoor AND was able to get some changes done at a faster speed, like getting a requote for including an activity within a few hours. [ Maasai Village visit & Balloon Flight in Masai Mara].

I am now planning to go to Tanzania with them next year - I love East Africa : )

Nairobi
Level Contributor
133 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shoor Travel

Ann Shoor Travel is a reputable safari operator with good services.Go ahead and plan your safari and trust you will enjoy your holidays.

Los Angeles, Ca
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shoor Travel

I would highly recommend Shoor Travel. They were reliable, professional and very knowledgeable. After much reading about Kenya and feeling overwhelmed about all the choices I was very hapy to deal with them. I gave them an idea of what I wanted and not wanted in terms of the lodges as well as the driving and they did a very good job about putting our 12 day Safari together (March-April 2013). Their expertise and the friendliness of their guide Fred made our trip memorable. I would not hesitate to use their services again for any of our East Africa needs.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shoor Travel

I have recently returned from a 2 night, 3 day safari to the Masai Mara with Shoor Safari. It was excellent. Very professional. We took an upgrade to Keekorok Lodge which was excellent and highly recommended. Our guide Michael got us into the best positions for seeing the animals and was very approachable. Highly recommended.

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shoor Travel

You may book with them and please a detailed travel review will be awesome after the trip

8. Re: Shoor Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 10:46