We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MS Sherry Boat 7 Night Nile Cruise

Surrey
1 post
1 review
MS Sherry Boat 7 Night Nile Cruise

My partner and I did the week long cruise on the MS Sherry Boat in June 2010, from Luxor to Aswan and back again and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience throughout!

We got a transfer from the airport that took us right to the boat itself, so we had no trouble finding it. However, at first we thought we were getting on the wrong boat, although it only appears so because the boats all dock behind one another in a long line so one may have to walk through several boats before reaching the right one.

The staff were excellent, friendly and obliging and the house-keepers were very inventive with their towel oragami!

The food was tasty and abundant: a good breakfast selection, 3 course lunch, afternoon tea and cakes and a 4 course dinner. My only slight moan would be that after having eaten on the boat for about 3 days, one could not help but notice that they use a lot of the same ingredients for all of the dishes, it is rather samey but tasty nonetheless! They also do an Egyptian buffet one night which is absolutely superb!

The boat itself is a bit old and tired and probably doesn't live up to its 5 star rating because of its age - we would give it 4 stars. Although saying that, it is completely comfortable and we greatly enjoyed it.

Our tour guide and Egyptologist was called Salah and he was very informative as well as making the information fun and spoke perfect English.

We were in a group which consisted of just under twenty in number and despite the age disparity, we all got on incredibly well - having been sat with strangers at breakfast from the first day, by the end of the week we were great friends.

A downside is that if the boat is docked between other boats over night then it obviously restricts the view, although this is consistent with all of the Nile boats because they all dock in columns to save space.

The trips that were included in the package were interesting and extensive, we stayed at each site about an hour, sometimes more or less depending on the heat and the preference of the group. It was enough time to walk around and get some good photos.

All in all it was an absolutely excellent experience and we would definitely recommend the MS Sherry Boat.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
124 reviews
1. Re: MS Sherry Boat 7 Night Nile Cruise

Hi there and welcome to the Luxor forum

Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday with us - it sounds like you had a wonderful time.

london
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: MS Sherry Boat 7 Night Nile Cruise

Thankyou for your review. We are boarding the Ms Sherry for a 7 night cruise on 19th July, and wondered if you could answer a couple of queries?

On the last day of disembarking after breakfast, approximately what time did you have to leave to transfer to Luxor airport? (I understand its about 15 minutes drive outside Luxor) As we are planning to squeeze in a hot air balloon flight that morning time permitting!

Secondly is the swimming pool large enough to wim in or is it a 'plunge pool'?

And finally what activities are organised on the boat in the evening, if any, as we have a six year old son to entertain!

Thankyou in anticipation, I will post a review on my return...

regards

Jamie

Edited: 10 July 2010, 15:26
3. Re: MS Sherry Boat 7 Night Nile Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2011, 11:46