We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queen Nefertari's Tomb and King Tut's Tomb

melbourne
Level Contributor
131 posts
3 reviews
Queen Nefertari's Tomb and King Tut's Tomb

Is there much planning needed and how hard is it to visit Queen Nefertari's Tomb and King Tut's Tomb, These are must sees on my trip and would hate to miss out.

Penrith, Australia
Level Contributor
505 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Queen Nefertari's Tomb and King Tut's Tomb

I'm quite sure that Queen Nefertari's tomb is closed to the public at the moment. others might be able to confirm that. We didn't visit King Tut's tomb, but you just buy a separate ticket and join the queue. It didn't appear to be too busy but definately have to queue to get inside.

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Queen Nefertari's Tomb and King Tut's Tomb

King Tuts tomb is open, it costs an extra 100 Le to get in but as fa as I'm aware Queen Nefertari's Tomb has been closed for years unless you are willing to pay stupid amounts of money thousands of pounds, English pounds that is.

Edited: 19 June 2010, 14:08
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
3. Re: Queen Nefertari's Tomb and King Tut's Tomb

The other posters are correct, Nefertari's tomb is not open to the public and requires special permission from the SCA (Supreme Council of Antiquities) and the payment of a substantial fee, to view it.

Tutankhamun's tomb, is (at present) open and as has been said, an additional ticket costing 100LE pp is needed.

I have visited this tomb of dozens of occassions, at all different times of the day and despite what mandyg31 says, have never encountered a queue (maybe she was just unlucky on that day)

What you WILL find however, is a great many tour groups going down the steps to the 'reception' area of the tomb, where their guides lecture them around the large photo boards that are situated there, (a ticket is not needed for this) but most do NOT then go down into the tomb itself, but when the guide has finished his 'talk', they just go back up the steps and leave.

Indeed, most guides and reps tell their tour groups that a visit to Tut's tomb is not worth the extra ticket fee, so it is usually only the 'most interested' that go down into the tomb itself.

4. Re: Queen Nefertari's Tomb and King Tut's Tomb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2010, 11:47