We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nile cruise feedback? Liberty, Beau Soleil, Jubilee, Mojito.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
130 posts
21 reviews
Nile cruise feedback? Liberty, Beau Soleil, Jubilee, Mojito.

Hello,

I am working on a trip arrangement to Egypt with my wife and the children in late June. I like to take a Nile cruise from Aswan to Luxor and I narrowed down my cruise choice to four cruises:

1) Liberty 2) Beau Soleil 3) Jubilee 4) Mojito.

I appreciate any feed back from my fellow travelers who experienced any of these cruises and also appreciate any comment on Aswan and Luxor in general.

Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
1. Re: Nile cruise feedback? Liberty, Beau Soleil, Jubilee, Mojito.

Just a slight observation on your comment that you have 'narrowed your choice down to 4 cruises', I am assuming that you mean that you have narrowed the choice down to 4 cruise 'boats', as whichever of the (approx. 300) cruise boats you take, the Nile 'cruise' itself will be virtually identical, in its itinerary, activities, timetable, stops etc, just in case you were not aware of that fact.

So the only differences (if any) will be the size, service, ammenities, standard, etc. of each of the particular boats you have chosen.

Hope that is helpful.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
130 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Nile cruise feedback? Liberty, Beau Soleil, Jubilee, Mojito.

Thanks KV-explorer, That is right, I am about to choose a cruise from these four boats and I hope to hear comments from the fellow travelers who used any of these boats.

My interest is the cabins cleanliness, crew, food quality, drinks, ability to use credit card, and the general impression about the cruise.

Thanks for pointing out the similarity in the itinerary and activity. At least I will not worry about this point.

Memphis, TN, USA
13 posts
3. Re: Nile cruise feedback? Liberty, Beau Soleil, Jubilee, Mojito.

The Mojito is supposedly going into dry dock at the end of June. We were booked on it and were bumped to the sister ship M/S Monaco. Not thrilled, but life happens. Not worth canceling over.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
130 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Nile cruise feedback? Liberty, Beau Soleil, Jubilee, Mojito.

Thanks a lot Kellyf1 for sharing. Actually based on the search I am doing so far it seems that M/S Monaco is very similar to Mojito. All cabins are on upper deck and have large window. The only difference I see is that the cabin window will not open so if you are not planning to spend a lot of time in the cabin it shouldn't really matter much.

I hope you enjoy the cruise and have a nice trip.

Memphis, TN, USA
13 posts
5. Re: Nile cruise feedback? Liberty, Beau Soleil, Jubilee, Mojito.

It is very similar and mostly decor are the differences. The Monaco just came out of dry dock a few months ago. It certainly isn't a trip killer, I think I had just become attached to the idea of the Mojito.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
197 reviews
6. Re: Nile cruise feedback? Liberty, Beau Soleil, Jubilee, Mojito.

Hi all,

Speaking from experience (I was on the M/S Mojito for my Nile cruise in the Spring of 2009), both the M/S Monaco and M/S Mojito are very well appointed. One advantage the M/S Monaco had on the M/S Mojito was the better pool on the upper deck, it is much bigger and seemed newer - as far as we could see when the ships both docked next to eachother. I was very impressed by the overrall quality of the matrials used in the decor, the excellent food and service and the size of the rooms. I promise you will not be disappointed! If only I could post some pictures directly with my reply...

Edited: 21 May 2010, 07:28
london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
13,331 posts
282 reviews
7. Re: Nile cruise feedback? Liberty, Beau Soleil, Jubilee, Mojito.

I think most of the ships at each level are pretty similar. People seem to think it is worth paying for the five star boats.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
130 posts
21 reviews
8. Re: Nile cruise feedback? Liberty, Beau Soleil, Jubilee, Mojito.

I ended up reserving at MS Beau Soleil because I liked that the cabins windows can be opened. I am glad to hear that elasbabe was happy with her cruise and I hope I will have a similar experience. I tend to agree with verity1 that most of the cruises are similar. I know that the itinerary is almost the same. I hope that the five stars will be for the food quality, cabin neatness, and facilities in general.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
197 reviews
9. Re: Nile cruise feedback? Liberty, Beau Soleil, Jubilee, Mojito.

Have a great trip Dallas, I am sure you will enjoy the M/S Beau Soleil, i also read good things about it.

san francisco, ca.
Level Contributor
513 posts
74 reviews
10. Re: Nile cruise feedback? Liberty, Beau Soleil, Jubilee, Mojito.

Hi - I just started my search for Nile river boat as well. Of my 90 searched so far I tagged Beau Soliel & Mojito as I saw pictures of them on various web sites. Mojito I noted has wall to wall, floor to ceiling windows in cabins and Beau Soleil has huge cabin windows plus some nice woodwork and fabric on some walls. I discounted Liberty because of the prefab looking sterile cabins and I did see a Jaz Jubilee which also has huge windows. My criteria is a lot of wood (not so much formica or plastic panels) and huge windows. Check out Nile Sham, Monte Carlo and Queen of Hansa, all of which are on my short list. Daunting job but enjoyable. Let me know what you decide and why.