We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive Hotels

Bishops Stortford...
Level Contributor
208 posts
16 reviews
All Inclusive Hotels

Hi looking at a weeks trip at the end of May but would really like all inclusive, mainly for drinks as will aslo obviously eat out. However don't seem to be able to find any all inclusive Hotels, please let me know if there are any, thank you

8 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
11,101 posts
65 reviews
1. Re: All Inclusive Hotels

Hi fijibird

Have a look at this link

tripadvisor.co.uk/HotelsList-Luxor-All-Inclu…

Enjoy 👌🏽

Edited: 02 May 2018, 18:00
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
193 reviews
2. Re: All Inclusive Hotels

I think the list in post 1 is based on reviews of past all inclusive deals, and as such is not accurate anymore.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: All Inclusive Hotels

Luxor isn't really an AI destination, although some of the hotels did try that option during the early part of the tourism collapse, following the 25 January Revolution, of 2011.

TBH., away from the hotel bars and restaurants, the prices of food and drink are so cheap as to make AI not a worthwhile option.

Prices may have gone up since last August but, due mainly to the change in value of the Egyptian Pound against major currencies, in our favour, you could actually end up paying less for things, when converting back to Sterling, than you did a couple of years ago.

There are at least 2 regular contributors in Luxor as I type, and this thread should give an indication of some of the prices being charged in local restaurants:

https://tinyurl.com/ybjyzmdf

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
11,498 posts
281 reviews
4. Re: All Inclusive Hotels

Agree with GParryManchester_uk re the dearth of AI hotels. Those times were a direct link to the various charter companies that flew in then. They don't now. No Easyjet, Monarch, Thomsons(?). A few TUI. The hotels have moved on and replaced the AI Brits with other groups of 'normal' B&B type guests

The Mercure Karnark always was AI and I believe still is, but have not been near it for a long time.

Eating out is cheap and as long as you are willing to not expect the most salubrious of surroundings, can be v-e-r-y cheap. This collection shows many of the places I've been, generally with menus & a GE map to show where it is https:/…

The 'tourist' restaurants tend to be in an area of South Luxor known as Little Britain - Essentially the streets opposite the Sonesta & Steigenbeger Nile Palace hotels www.luxortraveltips.com/maps/southluxor.htm with a few at the North end around the Hilton, although a few have closed due to the downturn, e.g. Puddleducks & Secret Garden Cafe to name just two.

I've told this story before & the price has risen since, but as an example of price in just one restaurant, I pointed to the Kofta and Rice dish for 70LE (say £3 in whole numbers). The two waiters spoke rapidly in Arabic (as you might expect) and left, coming back with the Manager who spoke English. He explained that the price was PER KILO!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
11,101 posts
65 reviews
5. Re: All Inclusive Hotels

Great information post 4 👌🏽

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
11,498 posts
281 reviews
6. Re: All Inclusive Hotels

"Blush" - Thks ClintG1

Another option could be just to go & stock up at the Christian booze shops just to the left of the station as you look at it. They are approx at the 2 tags in this Google Earth screenshot that say, funnily enough 'alcohol' https:/…

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
26 reviews
7. Re: All Inclusive Hotels

I know that restaurant well.

1/4 kilo (approximately 1/2 lb) of kofta, 1/4 grilled chicken, rice, salad, bread and tahini dip and a bottle of mineral water for the princely sum of LE 45 (approximately £2), last August; although I believe the prices had increased slightly, earlier this year, and you may now have to pay something in the region of £2.50 - £3.00 for the same meal.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
26 reviews
8. Re: All Inclusive Hotels

I should have added that, if you don't mind drinking the, perfectly acceptable, local lager, a bottle of beer cost in the region of £1.50 at The King's Head pub (almost directly opposite the Sonesta and Nile Palace, last August.

(An album showing the, then, menu prices can be found here:

https://tinyurl.com/yb57vzrw

Prices may have increased slightly since the photos were taken, but it gives a rough idea of the sort of prices charged outside of the hotel bars.

Reply to: All Inclusive Hotels
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted