We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

al azhar park -- with guide or without?

New York City, New...
8 posts
Save Topic
al azhar park -- with guide or without?

i have my 9 day itinerary pretty much in order, but i'm wondering if i should visit al azhar park by myself or with my guide??

i know it is safe to visit. just wanted to get other peoples opinions on this.

also, if i fit it anywhere on my schedule, it would be either on a thursday, a friday, or a saturday! as far as i know, those are the busiest days.to visit.

any suggestions on which of those days is "better" to visit??

thanks!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,960 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: al azhar park -- with guide or without?

Since you are (rightly I think) not worried about safety, why would you want a guide to visit a park?

Edited: 06 April 2012, 21:23
New York City, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: al azhar park -- with guide or without?

^ well, only because i have very limited time in egypt. so, my guide will be taking me to islamic cairo to see the mosques, citadel, etc etc.

so, due to proximity to the park, that maybe we should just stroll on over to the park afterward. instead of me then going on another day back to the same area that i was just in....

3. Re: al azhar park -- with guide or without?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 19:10
Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
9,925 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: al azhar park -- with guide or without?

You don't need a guide and personally I prefer to go on my own, but you can also go with one if you want.

I would actually prefer to go on a busy day to get a real Egyptian experience. I've been when it was very quiet but I visited during Eid last year and it was teeming with locals, the busiest I've ever seen, it was a highlight for me:)

NE UK
Level Contributor
609 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: al azhar park -- with guide or without?

Agree with Nefertari - I visited on a Friday and there were many young Egyptians strolling about. The park is pretty big so plenty of room for all! Do try the Citadel View Restaurant if you have the time. Lovely moorish decor and wonderful views. Good Luck

melbourn
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: al azhar park -- with guide or without?

I think you don't need a guide over their

7. Re: al azhar park -- with guide or without?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 June 2012, 20:05
8. Re: al azhar park -- with guide or without?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 June 2012, 20:05
Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: al azhar park -- with guide or without?

Totally safe 100%

No Need for a guide

10. Re: al azhar park -- with guide or without?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 03:12