We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

city star mall

Boston...
Level Contributor
95 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
city star mall

anyone who has been to the city star mall how was it?

& how did you go about getting there, transportation wise?

thanks-

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: city star mall

I was wondering about this also, and how the prices compare, if there's any good deals there or just international overpriced names? Will be watching for anyone to post.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: city star mall

I have been there a few times. Its a huge shopping center .Yes it has all the International brands. Lots of cafes and eating areas. A large supermarket on the ground floor and cinemas. There are banks and ATM's. There is a duty free shop , electrical shops, clothing shops for men, women and children, toy shops etc. It is upmarket but if you have lots of time Id go there for a look around.. if you are pressed fr time leave it... If you are coming from Giza area it will take at least an hour in a taxi to get there.. coming home later at night will take less time...

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: city star mall

Hi

the white cap from the street everywhere; airconditioned, comfortable and with electronic metres, so no need to bargain over the fare. The basic charge is 2.50 EP, then 1.25 EP per kilometre.

Level Contributor
7,833 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: city star mall

It is just a standard shopping mall and in my opinion holds little interest for tourists coming to see Egypt. For visitors looking for international type shopping probably a good place to go. We found it boring.

canada
Level Contributor
212 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: city star mall

It's huge. You won't find any bargains there though. The prices are pretty much what you will pay in N. America. I thought it was great though. We were in Cairo for 2 weeks and after a while the traffic and how busy everything is and the language barrier became exhausting. It was so nice to be able to escape to somewhere familiar and eat familiar foods and see things that I recognized. The also have a store called Spinney's which is kind of like a super walmart which is good for picking up a few groceries and things you may need.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
23 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: city star mall

agree with gene and travelgurl, unless you need an escape from the streets for a bit, I would skip it as there are so many more unique and interesting places to see and shop in Cairo.

uk
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: city star mall

If you have been to any mall in europe or america then you already know what to expect.

Nothing special

Prices are the same too so no bargains.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: city star mall

I just went to CityStar Mall yesterday... yes it is a huge typical mall that you may find in your homeland like US/Aust or even my country S'pore. If you long for a nice, modern and countless shopping without hagglers that you may wanna try to be here... the only problem is that it is really far off from downtown area.... it would cost you more than 50LE if you are staying ard Tahlil sq/Garden city... and much more from Giza. Avoid coming to this mall on Friday... way too crowded!

9. Re: city star mall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2013, 15:10