We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Global Gate Vacations or Kensington tours

los angeles
Level Contributor
20 posts
Global Gate Vacations or Kensington tours

Hello All

I am going to Egypt for my first time in April-and wonder which is the better tour company to go with

Kensington is around $1500 more but its less time (12days) and with private guide

While Global Gate is small group of 10 or less , cheaper and 15 days

I know the old saying "you get what pay for " but i worry that 12 days might be pusing - both packages hit what i want to see.

Please tell me if any you have experience with either tour company

Oxnard, CA
Level Contributor
154 posts
167 reviews
1. Re: Global Gate Vacations or Kensington tours

To style2meLosAngeles

Global Gate Vacation's website was guilty of misleading information last year. Working with the Better Business Bureau and GGV, Global Gate has rewritten their website descriptions of their tours and if you read carefully what they offer, you will satisfied.

I would recommend, regardless of who's tour package you select you add a day to the beginning for recovery time. We flew out of LA and landed at Cairo at midnight....by the time you get to your hotel it is 2 in the morning and the tour starts at 8 AM the same day. Pay for an additional day and get some rest. My wife and I only remember day one by looking at our photos :-)

When they say you pay for all drinks on board the cruise ship, they mean ALL. That includes drinking water so don't be surprised like we were. The cost is not much but you have to plan ahead to have bottled water in your room in order to wash your teeth and drink.

Contact me if you wish to ask any specific questions about their tour or Egypt. We went this past November.

2. Re: Global Gate Vacations or Kensington tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 07:46