We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to extend the visa in Egypt ( 3 months resident permit)

Save Topic
How to extend the visa in Egypt ( 3 months resident permit)

Im going to stay in Egypt for about 2 months and half, so i was wondering how it can be done, please specify as much details as possible ( time taken, cost,,,etc), would appreciate the help,Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
London, United...
Level Contributor
8,586 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to extend the visa in Egypt ( 3 months resident permit)

If you hold one of the qualifying passports, get a multi-entry tourist visa from the Consulate before travelling. It's good for six months and you can stay for up to 90 days. I used it for a two month stay on my last visit and had no problem whatsoever. The cost varies by nationality.

Save Reply
2. Re: How to extend the visa in Egypt ( 3 months resident permit)

Actually im asking for my friend as he's going to be here next week,and he asked me how its done there ( in Egypt) cause he have no time to get a visa before arriving, so i wanted to ask if anyone had any past experience with that

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
770 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to extend the visa in Egypt ( 3 months resident permit)

You will need to go to the local passport office taking 2 passport photos, proof of rental contract or evidence of where you are staying. You will fill in an application form and be asked to return the next day to collect your passport which will have an extension stamp put in it.

Save Reply
4. Re: How to extend the visa in Egypt ( 3 months resident permit)

Any local passport office? He will be staying in my family home in ismailia, we dont need to go to the Mugamma in Cairo??

Mentioned in this post
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
5. Re: How to extend the visa in Egypt ( 3 months resident permit)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2018, 12:47