We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach style honeymoon

melbourne
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
beach style honeymoon

My fiancée has given me the task of planning our honeymoon following our wedding in March 2012 but I'm lost for choices.

We were thinking of 3-4 weeks duration to Micronesia via the Philippines... or any other beachy style Island that we come across along the way? We just want an exotic beach style focussed honeymoon that isn’t to Thailand, Fiji, etc hopping between a few places that are not your typical hotels/resorts full of couples and kids... but something a little different as well.

Details would be:-

- For 2 people (naturally)

- Depart March 2012 for 3-4 weeks depending on budget

- Happy with any accommodation options but prefer boutique style places (not homestay) that aren’t big resorts with lots of kids... something special or the like.

- Overwater bungalows for a bit would make for a happy wife as well (if possible)

- Other than sitting on beach and honeymoon stuff, we’d probably like to do some snorkelling, island hopping, bit of exploring (but not hiking overnight), see some waterfalls, pat some local kids on the head, cooking courses, maybe a sailing or snorkelling cruise, some walking but not hiking/trekking etc.

- Happy to move around a bit probably with a maximum of 5 days anywhere... as we want to see a bit as well as lie on the beach and tour around.

- We like the idea of off the beaten track as long as we’re not going to be sacrificed by locals or murdered in our beds.

Can anyone help? All suggestions welcome... as finding it hard with so many amazing places to choose from... and I want it to be better than special for the future-wife.

Cheers

Euan

4 replies to this topic
SYD-LON-MUC
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance, Richmond, Bondi, Katoomba
Level Contributor
4,122 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach style honeymoon

Certainly check out Bora Bora (Tahiti). You will have OWB options and many beaches to choose from.

And the kids are at a minimum (if at all) there.

Melbourne
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: beach style honeymoon

If you haven't thought of Vanuatu - I would check that out. There are some lovely places that are kid free in Vila - Mangoes and Iriki Island resort (which also has overwater bungalows. The food at both places is delish and there is plenty of casual activities such as snorkelling, visiting the cascade waterfall (that you can swim in) and taking an island tour where you will see many cute kids to pat on the head! I have been there twice and it has been brill. There is a lovely french style pastry shop on the high street and many other lovely cafes and eateries. Not to mention the fun to be had shopping. The local market is fun and if you want to island hop you can head to Santo or Tanna - Tanna has an active volcano to check out and Santo is great for cultural and natural interactions (the birthplace of bunji jumping) March is a great time weather wise. Good luck in the quest - and congratulations!

Brussels
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: beach style honeymoon

Hi,

I'm getting married in February and in exactly the same situation!

Can we come on your honeymoon?... Just kidding.

Brussels
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: beach style honeymoon

...seriously though, did you solve your problem?

We thought Palawan in the Phillipines looked awesome but not sure how safe it is in that part of the country.

It's a shame the south pacific is pretty much all in wet season..

Reply to: beach style honeymoon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Federated States of...