My fiancée has given me the task of planning our honeymoon following our wedding in March 2012 but I'm lost for choices.
We were thinking of 3-4 weeks duration to Micronesia via the Philippines... or any other beachy style Island that we come across along the way? We just want an exotic beach style focussed honeymoon that isn’t to Thailand, Fiji, etc hopping between a few places that are not your typical hotels/resorts full of couples and kids... but something a little different as well.
Details would be:-
- For 2 people (naturally)
- Depart March 2012 for 3-4 weeks depending on budget
- Happy with any accommodation options but prefer boutique style places (not homestay) that aren’t big resorts with lots of kids... something special or the like.
- Overwater bungalows for a bit would make for a happy wife as well (if possible)
- Other than sitting on beach and honeymoon stuff, we’d probably like to do some snorkelling, island hopping, bit of exploring (but not hiking overnight), see some waterfalls, pat some local kids on the head, cooking courses, maybe a sailing or snorkelling cruise, some walking but not hiking/trekking etc.
- Happy to move around a bit probably with a maximum of 5 days anywhere... as we want to see a bit as well as lie on the beach and tour around.
- We like the idea of off the beaten track as long as we’re not going to be sacrificed by locals or murdered in our beds.
Can anyone help? All suggestions welcome... as finding it hard with so many amazing places to choose from... and I want it to be better than special for the future-wife.