We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nami Island

Singapore
Level Contributor
274 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Nami Island

1) is this place worth a visit?

2) How frequent is the bus from Seoul to the ferry terminal?

3) how do i travel around in the island? is it very big?

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Seoul
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nami Island

Hi..

1. Yes, if you have time. 1/2 day should be alright.

2. From Seoul to Nami Island, I suggest u use the train rather than bus.

Getting there :

Cheongyangni Train Station (subway line 1) to Gapyeong Station (about 1 hour 10 mins). From Gapyeong Train Station, take taxi in front of the station to the ferry pier, about 5-10 mins cost around 3,500-4,000won.

Buy your ticket from the Ticket Centre, the ticket will includes both the island's entrance fee & round trip ferry ride.

3. To tour the island, 3 options :

use bicyle, a tour taxi or venture around the island with foot.

If you don't have enough time, use taxi to save time & tour comfortably. But it's better walking in the island. The island is not so big... All you need is about 3-4 hour to see the entire island and what it has to offer.

Have a nice trip !!

Singapore
Level Contributor
274 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nami Island

hi reclat, there is a cheongnyani (over) and (under) stop. Which 1 is it?

So Cheong nyani is also a train station?

How frequent are the trains and do I have to pre purchase the tickets?

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Seoul
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nami Island

From Seoul to Nami Island, you may also catch bus from bus terminal to Chuncheon but will cost more.

IMO, the train will be the cheapest way & efficient way to travel.

Take Subway Line 1 and get off at Cheongnyangni Station, it is also Cheongnyangni Train Station because Line 1 is also serve as KNR (Korean National Railroad) Line.

Then buy the train ticket from here to Chuncheon but you'll need to get off at Gapyeong Station.

During weekdays, you can just buy it from the ticket counter on the day, but if you visiting during weekend or public holidays, i would suggest buy the ticket in advance, you may do this by online booking.

For schedules visit this link : korail.com/servlets/…move

For the departure, click the search button and click Cheongnyangni and for arrival, click search button and click letter "G" and find Gapyeong and you will see the timetables for your train.

For more info about Nami Island :

www.namisum.com

Singapore
Level Contributor
274 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nami Island

thanks reclat....i will opt for train as i wish to experience all mode of transport.....=)

5. Re: Nami Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2010, 10:48