We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Be aware of airport bus sched changes esp to Incheon

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
338 reviews
Be aware of airport bus sched changes esp to Incheon

First off thanks for the advice on bus 6005 for Centermark in Myeongdong, The stop was right around the corner in front of Aventree. However when going back on a Sunday, there was no bus. There were a few of us from Centermark and we were not impressed that our hotel did not have the changes noted. I suggested to one of my fellow travelers to go into the Aventree lobby. That hotel gave them a sheet with an alternative airport bus 5 minutes away. Of course we missed that bus and had to wait for the next one. Also note there seem to be a lot of protests in Myeongdong and as protests have to be authorized by permit with the police, there is common knowledge of these events. When I was getting on the bus at Incheon, the guy almost did not let me on due to this (my stop is at the end) but the bus driver said ok. It turned out there were none around my hotel.

3 replies to this topic
Western Australia
Level Contributor
218 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Be aware of airport bus sched changes esp to Incheon

I use the 6005 when I am in Seoul as it stops so close to where I stay. I can get on and off at the terminus at Aventree which is very convenient. Nice bus too.

However several times I have found it doesn't happen as the road outside the Aventree or the next road over where it goes on the return to the airport is closed. Sometimes its protests but sometimes other events - like Buddha's Birthday centred around Jogyesa temple across from the Aventree.

I have found that there is usually a sign of the changed routes put on the bus shelter in front of the Aventree. That doesn't help for other hotels though! I have also found it on the website but only very close to the day so I usually check around then. I have also bought a ticket at the airport only to have one of the bus attendants check when I was at the stop waiting. He kindly explained that it only went to City Hall that day due to a big protest and took me back to change to another bus that would get me nearer.

I don't know it it happens much with other buses but think its really just those two areas of streets with either protests or festivals that cause the problem. Annoying when the hotel doesn't know though.

Seoul, South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea, Seoul
Level Contributor
2,804 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Be aware of airport bus sched changes esp to Incheon

Yes, the downtown Jongno area often has events and protests that change bus schedules. They always post on the bus stop though.....it's just one of the hassles of being downtown in a city with 12 million people. Stuff like this happens often since Koreans love to protest haha

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
338 reviews
3. Re: Be aware of airport bus sched changes esp to Incheon

There was no notice on the bus stop. Aventree knew the change but Centermark did not luckily one of the people waiting went in there. My hotel tried to call the bus.

Reply to: Be aware of airport bus sched changes esp to Incheon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted