We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two nights out of Seoul -- where to go?

London, United...
12 posts
Two nights out of Seoul -- where to go?

Thinking of spending two nights away from Seoul -- any recommendations?

Would need to be back for a mid afternoon flight to Incheon.

Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
13,339 posts
274 reviews
1. Re: Two nights out of Seoul -- where to go?

Always, Gyeongju

New York City, New...
5 posts
2. Re: Two nights out of Seoul -- where to go?

Busan! My boyfriend and I did a day trip, but I would definitely recommend staying overnight since the night views are the best.

There are other options, too. Like as ethelman2 recommended, Gyeongju. If you're more into modern history, Gwangju (in the South, nearby Jeolla province) is also a good choice. It's where the Gwangju uprising took place. There are a lot of great history museums and sights to be seen.

Gangwondo is also nice if you want to stay within driving distance of Seoul, but want to see the ocean and beaches. You can also see the mountain (Seoraksan) and do either a cable car or hike to the summit.

If you want something more off the beaten path, I recommend South Jeolla (Jeollanam-do) province. It's more countryside, but you can see the tea fields in Boseong, the bamboo groves in Damyang, eat seafood and southern style meals in Yeosu, and see the eco park in Suncheon! Jeollanam-do has a special place in my heart since it's my home province.

This is an itinerary I made for my parents. We had a home base in Seoul, but we also did a few days in Jeju. Two nights is definitely enough time. If you want, you can store your luggage at Incheon Airport and travel light to Jeju and then return to the airport just in time for your flight!

eatstretchexplore.com/2017/02/korea-itinerar…

California
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
335 reviews
3. Re: Two nights out of Seoul -- where to go?

Gyeongju is best option because it is closer than Gwangju and Jeolla. Might look at Jeonju too...stay in Korean traditional house. Jeonju also a foodie place, best known for bibimbob. Epicenter of Donghak rebellion, home area of Yi Songgye, founder of Joseon Dynasty.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Two nights out of Seoul -- where to go?

-- Agree to go Gyeonju.

-- Then second choice would be Jeonju plus Maisan mountain.

-- Buyeo and Gongju visits are good too, if you are interested in the Baekje Dynasty. The places are World Heritage sites and there are many nice things to see like Gyeonju (=Shilla Dynasty).

-- Going Suwon isn't bad. Korean Folk Village and Hwaseong Fortress for each day. It was easy to go Incheon airport from Suwon by direct bus in my experience.

Edited: 08 August 2018, 17:30
puerto princesa
Level Contributor
8,131 posts
449 reviews
5. Re: Two nights out of Seoul -- where to go?

Sokcho on the east coast is famous for its live seafood, beach and nearby Seoraksan Park. Not too many western tourists there, clean town, friendly people and 3 hours max by bus.

6. Re: Two nights out of Seoul -- where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2018, 14:26

Reply to: Two nights out of Seoul -- where to go?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted