We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Before you book an evening/night arriving flight...

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
386 posts
53 reviews
Before you book an evening/night arriving flight...

Know what your public transportation options are BEFORE you book your flight.

There are way too many people asking about public transportation for flights landing 10PM or later. If you don't know how to navigate Korean public transportation, or know the bus or train timetables, or have private transportation, I HIGHLY suggest an earlier arriving flight.

I know, no one will pay attention to this post.

Even worse, some are arriving which young children at late hours with no firm knowledge of transportation, hotels or and plans or clue on where to stay or how to get to their next destination.

Edited: 04 August 2018, 16:16
3 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
4,300 posts
335 reviews
1. Re: Before you book an evening/night arriving flight...

Thank you for stating the obvious....but the arrival times are often dictated by requirements in originating countries and not so easily changed. I doubt passengers intentionally try to arrive late at night.

Better to note that there are options, especially the late night bus. In general....http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/TRP/TP_ENG_2_1.jsp

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
7,351 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Before you book an evening/night arriving flight...

A lot of people are lured by low fares of LCC and rush to book when they go on sale, only to realize after tickets are issued that they will arrive at odd hours. Tickets are cheap for a reason.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Before you book an evening/night arriving flight...

There are many hotels near to Incheon airport, that have a free shuttle service. I think it is better to stay one rather than trying to go to central Seoul by public transportations and to find a hotel at very late night.

If your flight was landing at Gimpo airport, taxi is quite afordable to go to central Seoul. Or there is a Lotte Hotel very near to the airport. Or I once stayed a hotel which was easy access by lregular ocal bus from Gimpo.

Not only LCC selections, people prefer a night flight on Friday after the work for weekends trip. So, 4k4k-ssi is a good point to tell about the such awareness things.

Reply to: Before you book an evening/night arriving flight...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted