We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Need advice!

I have a 14 hours layover in Seoul from 4am to 6pm on Sep 1. Where should I go and how can I manage the time to be back to the airport in time for my next flight?

5 replies to this topic
Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
13,336 posts
274 reviews
1. Re: Need advice!

Go into Seoul by Airport Railroad- you'll be there by 7 am allowing for immigration, taxiing etc. Assuming you are already checked in for your onward, take the AREX train from Seoul station around 3 pm back to airport.

What might interest you?

I might suggest Namsan Tower, Insadong, Deoksu Palace, Myeongdong amongst places of interest. Deoksu palace is walkable to Seoul station, and has changing of the guard at, I think, 230.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
2. Re: Need advice!

thank you for your advice.

Do you know if all the places will be open that early ?

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
8,104 posts
449 reviews
3. Re: Need advice!

…visitkorea.or.kr/enu/ATR/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp…

This palace is well worth visiting and the National Folk Museum is in the grounds also. Allow 4 hours for this. Another museum is the War Memorial Museum which gives you a good insight to the Korean War.

California
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
335 reviews
4. Re: Need advice!

Confirm that you are going to be checked in all the way through.

If you are going north to Insadong, you might as well go to Gyeongbuk palace and not Deoksu. The "changing of the guard" at Gwanghwamun is at 1100 or 1300, and does not happen on Tuesday. Insadong is a nice eatery and shopping street and picturesque in its own right.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
5. Re: Need advice!

Do you think I will have enough time to go to the palace and check out Myeong-dong?

Reply to: Need advice!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted