We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Use Drones

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
307 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Use Drones

Good morning.

Does anyone have experiences using drones in Korea?

My boyfriend and I are photographic and we thought to bring our Drone with us to Korea.

Has anyone used it?

We asked the embassy and consulate but they could not tell us much.

We will visit: Seoul, Andong, Haoe Village, Gyeonju, Busan and Jeonju.

We know that there are classic restraints like those that are in Italy but I would like to know if any of you brought him and where he did fly without going against the local laws.

Do you let us know something?

Thank you all.

Best Seller
Half-Day Korean DMZ Tour from Seoul
168 Reviews
from US$ 45.50*
Full-Day Essential Seoul Tour
111 Reviews
from US$ 95.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) and...
296 Reviews
from US$ 134.90*
11 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Use Drones

In seoul, most area illegal to fly drone.

if you try, you’ll know how fast korea army coming to you..

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
307 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Use Drones

Can not even fly to the Namsan Park?

In Seoul, in addition to the area dedicated to the flight of drones (Hangang Gwangnaru flying field), there are other areas where you can make some good shots?

And for other cities?

Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Use Drones

You have to make a reservation for fly drone at gwangnaru park.

And northside of han river, just think you cannot fly drone is easy. Army is everywhere really.

Check “ready to fly” app about other cities.

Christchurch NZ
Level Contributor
92 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Use Drones

There was an article on the rules regarding flying a Drone in Seoul in the Korea Times recently. ("How to fly a Drone in Seoul" by Shon Ga-ram )https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/opinion/2018/02/726_243466.html#

Essentially most of central Seoul is prohibited air space, and to the north of Seoul is the demilitarised zone. There is airspace where drones are allowed under certain regulations and permission must be obtained from the Korean Army also, according to the article.

The article advises : "In the past, it was necessary to contact the Ministry of Capital Defense and the Ministry of National Defense separately to obtain permission. However, the procedure has become somewhat streamlined. Now it is sufficient to visit the dedicated of the Airline Business Plan One-stop Processing System (or APS, at http://www.onestop.go.kr/) and submit one application

The Korean government recently announced a policy to deregulate technologies to promote their growth and development. Accordingly, . Such permits are valid for one time only _ a new permit must be obtained for each flight. For small hobby drones, no separate pilot's license is necessary, but for larger, heavier drones, one is required."

The article has a map showing the prohibited airspaces of Seoul.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
620 posts
450 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Use Drones

Namsan Park is definitely disallowed.

It's in the center of Seoul and one of top air surveillance zones. Very close from the huge military facility as well.

You'll be in a huge trouble if you get caught.

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
307 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Use Drones

Thanks to all the tips.

I knew that in Seoul it would be difficult and I really think I will not be able to do it.

I also contacted Shon Ga-ram but I was not much help, maybe he did not really want to help me !!

Given that we do not want to go against any law, some people I have contacted and who live in Korea have told me that in the places I show you below you can fly without problem.

Incheon

songdo central park

196, Techno park-ro, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon, Republic of Korea

Andong:

hahoe folk village

2-1, Hahoejongga-gil, Pungcheon-myeon, Andong-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do, Republic of Korea

wolyounggyo

569, Sanga-dong, Andong-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do, Republic of Korea

Gyeongju, donggung and wolji

102, Wonhwa-ro, Gyeongju-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do, Republic of Korea

Busan

Gamcheon village

203, Gamnae 2-ro, Saha-gu, Busan, Republic of Korea

Gwangalli beach park

95, Millaksubyeon-ro, Suyeong-gu, Busan, Republic of Korea

Jeonju

can fly freely in any area. However, you should be careful about flying in places where there are many people or cultural assets

Che mi dite?

E' vero che in queste zone è possibile far volare un drone?

Grazie ancora tutti.

For Seoul, however, apart from the Hangang Gwangnaru area flying field there is no other place where you can make some good shots without going against the law?

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
307 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Use Drones

Sorry.

I realized that the last sentences I wrote in Italian.

I was wondering what you thought about it and if in the areas I have described you can really fly with a Drone.

Thank you

Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Use Drones

Just forgive in seoul. Even korean can’t get permissions unless cowork with big company or broadcaster.

You can use drones in central park,songdo.

And use “drone play” or “Ready to fly”.

You can check where you can use drones.

If that app doesn’t support english so you cannot use or understand, PM me. I’ll teach you basically information to use.

Edited: 02 August 2018, 17:11
Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
307 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Use Drones

In the places I have indicated, is it true that I can fly?

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
307 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Use Drones

Where do I find the applications you tell me to use?

Reply to: Use Drones
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted